A general view of the flooded Municipality of Kabacan, in the Philippines after Tropical Storm Tembin dumped torrential rains across the island.
Tembin hit the Philippines as a tropical storm but strengthened into a typhoon before blowing out of the country Sunday into the South China Sea toward Vietnam.
Regional officials quoted by the Rappler website said there were 127 fatalities in Lanao del Norte, up to 50 in the Zamboanga peninsula and at least 18 in Lanao del Sur.
Over the weekend, Tembin unleashed landslides and flash floods that killed at least 164 people and left 171 others missing in the Philippines, according to Romina Marasigan of the government's main disaster-response agency.
More deaths were reported in the towns of Sibuco and Salug.
"We are slowly restoring power and communications in affected areas".
Rescuers are searching for more than 100 people still missing.
Kane finit meilleur buteur devant Messi
Harry est tellement important (.) Il contribue non seulement avec ses buts mais aussi avec son attitude et son professionnalisme. Alan Shearer, beau joueur, l'a félicité sur Twitter: " Tu as eu une magnifique année 2017, tu mérites ce record.
Volunteers and search and rescue teams from the Philippine Red Cross have been on the ground in the affected areas, and are now working to reach people in need with water, food, and emergency shelter.
"The river rose and most of the homes were swept away".
Tembin was among a series of disasters to hit the predominantly Roman Catholic Philippines at the peak of Christmas preparations. More than 250 passengers and crewmen were rescued.
The south was hit by another disaster on the weekend when fire swept through a shopping mall in the city of Davao, killing at least 37 people, a lot of them workers at a call centre, city government officials said.
In the seventh warning for Storm Tembin, people in Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Surat Thani and Samui Island were told to brace for heavy rain and flash floods during the course of this week. Around 20 typhoons and storms, mostly from the Pacific, strike the Philippines each year.
The vice mayor of the southern city of Davao, Paolo Duterte, said the chance of survival for any of the 37 people missing at the NCC Mall was "zero".
- Séville a tranché et snobe Laurent Blanc — Liga
- 'Wonder Woman' Star Gal Gadot Shares Her Highlight For 2017
- The Value of Jagged Peak Energy Inc. (NYSE:JAG) Underpriced by 5.7%?
- Huawei's 2018 roadmap leaks showcasing the company's plan for the next year
- Paris: polémique autour de barrières "anti-SDF" installées dans le 19e arrondissement
- Orla tells of joy at being given 'shiny new lungs'
- Enterprise Products Partners (EPD) Upgraded to Buy by Tudor Pickering
- A6 : une voiture roule à contresens, trois morts après un choc frontal
- Putin foe barred from Russian election
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co (GT) Holdings Raised by WINTON GROUP Ltd