Van Dijk endured his second spell on the substitutes' bench in as many games during Southampton's controversy-filled 1-1 draw with Huddersfield Town on Saturday, and boss Mauricio Pellegrino refused to clarify the reasoning behind his decision over the player's absence from the starting XI.
Should they sign Van Dijk in January he would also be an invaluable option when it comes to the Champions League and other cup competitions with City's squad being stretched to its maximum should they advance to the latter stages of every competition, which, judging by how they're playing right now, is a distinct possibility.
We know around Virgil there is a lot of speculation about him.
'I decided that was best for this moment. This is the reason. I am responsible for picking 11 players, and I intend to pick the best for the team.
Moving from the south coast to the far north, we find another player who's one foot out the door, as Everton's Ross Barkley is close to returning from the injury that's sidelined him since the summer, when he nearly joined Chelsea but changed his mind at some point between Liverpool and London.
EAM Sushma Swaraj meets mother and wife of Indian prisoner Kulbhushan Jadhav
During the meet, Indian deputy high commissioner was also present with the family but he did not interact with Kulbhushan. Tulsi Das Pawar, another friend of Jadhav, said that Pakistan did not do any favour by conducting such a meeting.
"We have to wait and see what will happen".
"Van Dijk's future? We have to wait". Presumably, the two are willing to deal now. He would initially arrive as third-choice behind the proven pair of Stones and Otamendi, but Guardiola believes he has the quality to become a long-standing addition to the side.
"It's in Ross' hands".
This season has done little to enhance Van Dijk's reputation in the main, as the centre-back has lacked the authority he showcased so frequently in the first half of 2016-17. That's still a hefty sum, though in today's market, it's nearly nothing. "I think if Liverpool come back in, he'll go there".
- Rupani takes oath as Gujarat CM, Nitin Patel as his deputy
- Universities Could Face Fines Over 'Failures To Protect Free Speech'
- De la publicité sur les trottoirs testée à Bordeaux
- Analysts See $0.86 EPS for Intel Corporation
- La déléguée interministérielle veut améliorer l'accompagnement des proches — Drame de Millas
- Sen. Flake Dangles Possibility Of Presidential Run
- L'actrice de La Mélodie du bonheur Heather Menzies-Urich est décédée
- Pop Star Lorde Drops Planned Israeli Concert After Criticism
- Un jackpot d'un million d'euros au pied du sapin — Noël
- Emmanuel Eboue Has Fallen On Desperately Hard Times