Guatemala was one of only a handful of countries to vote last week with the US and Israel against passing a non-binding resolution at the United Nations declaring Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital "null and void".
Trump didn't set any timetable for moving the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, and neither did Guatemalan President Jimmy Morales.
At a news conference jointly held with Maltese Foreign Minister Carmelo Abela following a meeting in the West Bank city of Bethlehem, he said, "The recent voting of the UN General Assembly.was a victory (for) Palestine and big failure (for) the USA and its clear biased policy (toward) Israel".
The country became the first to follow the United States in this regard after the US President Donald Trump recognised Jerusalem as Israel's capital. The non-binding UNGA resolution was backed by 128 states, while 35 countries abstained.
Security Council subsequently voted on a Egypt-drafted resolution to make the United States withdraw its decision.
Skiers in French Alps lift ordeal at Chamrousse
The skiers had been suspended around 25m (82ft) above the snow before ropes were used to bring them down. Rescuers reached the top of each gondola and released the skiers, who were lowered to the ground.
No country now has their embassy in Jerusalem, although the Czech Republic said it is also considering such a move.
"There are practical issues", Dragnea told reporters in Bucharest, "All the central institutions in Israel are in Jerusalem, ambassadors and embassy staff are going from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem".
"We are absolutely certain that it is the right route", Morales said earlier this week of Washington's recognition of Jerusalem, adding, that Israel is an "ally of Guatemala and we must support it". While the Israeli PM did not name the countries contemplating such a move, he did reveal that Israel is now engaged in a concerted diplomatic campaign to muster support for Israel.
Mohammed Sami al-Dahdouh was injured in Gaza protesting Trump's decision to recognise Jerusalem as Israeli capital. In 1980, it proclaimed Jerusalem as its "eternal, undivided capital". For their part, the Palestinians say East Jerusalem must be the capital of a future independent Palestinian state.
Israeli soldiers opened fire on protesters with live bullets, tear gas and stun grenades.
- Fitbit's (FIT) Hold Rating Reiterated at Cleveland Research
- Passenger claims United gave away first-class seat to Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee
- L'incroyable descente aux enfers d'Eboué — Arsenal
- A snow blanket for Christmas
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Jets vs. Chargers inactives: Matt Forte active, Muhammad Wilkerson out
- Pence says 'real progress' in war in Afghanistan
- Of Course Carrie Fisher Wrote Her Best 'Last Jedi' Lines
- Germany's Merkel, France's Macron urge immediate end to clashes in eastern Ukraine
- Salvation Army Kettle Campaign Surpasses Goal!