Former world tennis number one Victoria Azarenka has been forced to pull out of the upcoming ASB Classic in January.
The double Australian Open champion is now undergoing a custody battle with her former partner, and a United States court has ruled that Azarenka and her son, Leo, can not leave California until the case is closed.
Azarenka, who has been given a wild card into the year's opening Grand Slam, is involved in a legal battle with her former partner over the custody of their son Leo and will now have her start to the new season delayed.
Nintendo Switch To Surpass Initial Sales of PS2 In Japan
It's estimated that the Nintendo Switch will beat this record before March, especially with the arrival of the Christmas season. Among them is with the 2017 Black Friday promotional period that saw Nintendo Switch outselling the Xbox One and the Sony PS4.
Tournament director Karl Budge said it's a real shame.
A replacement has yet to be named for the tournament, which gets underway on January 1.
"So that's a tough one for her, she's been training hard and is a professional tennis player, that wants to be playing tennis and it's hard on us, because we were excited about having someone of her calibre playing".
- Eminem's Daughter Hailie Scott Reveals Alluring 22nd Birthday Photo
- 10K killed in China's 1989 Tiananmen crackdown: Archive
- Jérusalem : les Etats-Unis désavoués par l'ONU
- Le Guatemala déménagera son ambassade à Jérusalem
- Feld Entertainment Suing Kid Rock
- Shin Bet foiled 400 major terrorist attacks in 2017, director says
- Skiers in French Alps lift ordeal at Chamrousse
- Saints CB Marshon Lattimore Intercepted A Pass With His Butt
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Of Course Carrie Fisher Wrote Her Best 'Last Jedi' Lines