Two robbers posed as UPS deliverymen Thursday to bust into a Queens man's apartment and then shot him once in one leg, police said.
Officials said the gunmen knocked on the victim's door at around 10:15 a.m., announced they were UPS workers and said they were there to deliver a package. The victim was hit in the leg and taken to a nearby hospital and is in stable condition.
According to multiple news affiliates in the NY area, however, the apparent UPS employees were not actually working for the delivery service. The two suspects fled the scene and detectives are investigating the motive for the shooting.
Time Warner Inc (NYSE:TWX) Shares Sold by Brown Advisory Inc
In related news, insider Olaf Olafsson sold 23,450 shares of the business's stock in a transaction dated Thursday, December 14th. Davide Leone & Partners Investment Company Llp bought 198,000 shares as the company's stock rose 1.19% with the market.
In December 2016, surveillance footage caught a man dressed up as a UPS truck driver knocking on the door of Houston home.
The man who was shot is recovering at Mount Sinai Queens.
- Gurbani takes Vidarbha to maiden final
- Amazon discounts on Moto Smartphones, valid up to December 30th, 2017
- Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Conquer Concerns on Short-Term Commitments
- Vanessa Paradis fête ses 45 ans : son évolution beauté en 20 photos
- Accord entre YouTube et UMG — Alphabet
- Paolo Guerrero to resume soccer career on May 4
- Klopp set for duo absence blow
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Airtel Payments Bank CEO Shashi Arora quits over eKYC licence row
- Lewis Hamilton could partner Daniel Ricciardo at Mercedes in 2019 - Toto Wolff