The sketch also pokes fun at other Hallmark Channel clichés, like the way the network reuses sets for numerous Christmas specials, and how it always casts semi-familiar stars, including a "once famous, now very Christian actress".
On Saturday, December, 9, Franco took over hosting duties on the late-night comedy show.
While this trailer is clearly spoofing the cheesiness of Hallmark Channel favorites, it's not that far off from the real thing either. In another "movie", Bearstick plays a mysterious royal who turns out to be, gasp, Prince Santa. In Yes, Santa!, Lydia (Jessica Normal, aka Kate McKinnon) moves home to run her grandma's Christmas tree farm and reconnects with her high-school sweetheart (Canadian handsome Chris Bearstick, aka James Franco).
CNN to end daily Snapchat show 'The Update' from 2018
NBC News has a news program called "Stay Tuned" which airs on the platform twice daily on weekdays and once daily on weekends. " Snap and CNN have built a great partnership over the years and our teams have enormous admiration for each other".
The video is a parody ad for various Hallmark movies supposedly airing during th holiday season, such as Yes, Santa, Kitchen Christmas Wish, and Prince Santa. In the sketch, which was reportedly cut for time, Franco and crew put on a pitch-perfect spoof of every single Hallmark Christmas movie ever made.
As the gushing narrator says, these holiday charmers will leave you asking, "Wait, how do I know that actor?"
- Celebrity chef Nick Nairn battered by men in city centre
- Des gardes-côtes libèrent une tortue piégée par 800 kilos de cocaïne
- Rangers Announce Their New Manager For The Rest Of The Season
- Largest US Bitcoin exchange halts trading as cryptocurrencies plummet
- LCP veut réintégrer Haziza — Agression sexuelle
- Tonbridge man's tube escalator slide goes viral
- Ed Sheeran Christmas number one for 2017
- Watch Anna Faris in the gender role-swapping 'Overboard' remake trailer
- What's open and closed in Hamilton this Christmas holiday
- Un couple d'artistes franco chinois porté disparu après avoir été censuré — Chine