But instead of sending a private message, Musk sent a tweet directly at Carmack, so his 16.7 million followers could see it.
Although Musk quickly deleted the tweet, many of his millions of followers and journalists were able to grab his phone number. "According to USA Today, the tweet originally said "@ID_AA_Carmack Do you have a sec to talk?
'Somehow you've found your way here to me.
Catt Sadler leaves E! over pay dispute
She declared that if her husband witnessed gender inequality in the workplace he would "take action", but that is not the case. These women have assured us that they never felt gender inequality was at play at any time.
The accidental tweet also led to speculations about Musk trying to recruit Carmack or looking for a cooperation between Oculus with any of his businesses, which include Tesla, SpaceX and the OpenAI. Tesla and SpaceX didn't respond to requests for comment.
Meanwhile, people who dialled the number Musk had posted reportedly heard a recorded message from the popular video game "God of War".
In September, Musk unveiled ambitious plans to establish a human base on Mars by 2024 and land at least two cargo missions on the red planet just five years from now.
- Droguées en discothèque, trois personnes entre la vie et la mort
- Accord entre YouTube et UMG — Alphabet
- Klopp set for duo absence blow
- Airtel Payments Bank CEO Shashi Arora quits over eKYC licence row
- Un agent de sécurité s'accroche au capot d'un cambrioleur sur 2 km
- Some Pixel 2 Handsets Experiencing Rattling Speakers
- Week 16: Los Angeles Rams at Tennessee by the numbers
- Man shot by pair pretending to be UPS deliverymen in Astoria
- Mexican YouTuber who told drug lord 'suck my d**k' killed
- Most Registered Voters Wouldn't Support Donald Trump in 2020, Poll Finds