The British singer-songwriter's Perfect Duet, featuring Beyonce, topped the pole position on Friday. He was the chart-topper last week and faced stiff competition from rapper Eminem and his track River, which featured Ed.
The singer's track "Perfect" has landed the highly sought-after No. 1 rank on the UK's 2017 Official Christmas Number 1 list.
"This is an actual dream come true and I'm very proud and happy". Thank you so much and have a very Merry Christmas, happy holidays and a Happy New Year'.
Music Week's Artist Of The Year was named the official Christmas No.1 with sales of 85,000 for flawless - 45,000 of those from downloads and the remainder based on six million streams.
The track has now also been certified double platinum by the BPI, having achieved 1.23 million combined United Kingdom sales to date.
Mariah Carey's 1994 hit "All I Want For Christmas Is You" dropped two spots to number four, while the top five was rounded out by Rita Ora's "Anywhere".
And posting about it on his social media account, Ed added: "Perfect is Christmas number one!"
Mets hire former GM Omar Minaya as Special Assistant to Alderson
He returned to the organization on September 30, 2004 as the general manager, a role he held until October 4, 2010. Minaya served as New York's GM from 2005-10, a stretch that saw the club make the postseason just once.
Over in the albums chart, Eminem did reach the top spot, scoring his eighth consecutive number one album with Revival on the back of combined sales of 132,000.
Eminem has now joined record-holders Abba and Led Zeppelin for the most number one albums in a row in the UK.
Divide has had a stellar seven days, though, having shifted another 100,000 this week to come in second place.
"Perfect" has been crowned the UK's Official Christmas Number 1, by the Official Charts.
Bookies favourite, Last Christmas by Wham! came in at number three.
In total, 16 of the top 40 singles have a Christmas theme - more than in any other year. A year ago 10 of the top 40 were festive songs, while in 2015 the number was seven. It re-entered the chart this year as this Christmas day marks the one year anniversary of George Michael's death.
- MISSILE ACTIVITIES: New & tougher sanctions underway for defiant North Korea
- Deputy speaker Lindsay Hoyle's daughter found hanged in bedroom, inquest hears
- Apple sued in Chicago for slowing down older iPhones
- Rangers Announce Their New Manager For The Rest Of The Season
- Got the OnePlus 5T? OnePlus 6 already rumoured with in-display fingerprint sensor
- Federal Bureau of Investigation deputy director McCabe backs up Comey's 'loyalty oath' claim
- LCP veut réintégrer Haziza — Agression sexuelle
- Aliot mis en examen dans le dossier des assistants du FN — France
- James Franco HIGHlariously Spoofs Hallmark Channel Christmas Movies In Unaired SNL Clip
- Gran Turismo Sport Update Patch 1.10 Out Now; Brings Single Player Campaign