"Our goal is to deliver the best experience for customers, which includes overall performance and prolonging the life of their devices", Apple said in a statement.
Al Jazeera's Charlotte Bellis reports. However, the company admitted to addressing an issue with devices containing older lithium-ion batteries that results in unexpected shutdowns. Both the plaintiffs are the users of iPhone 7 and in a filing in the northern district of the state of IL they stated that "Apple purposefully and knowingly released operating system software updates to iPhone 5, iPhone 6 and certain iPhone 7 phones that slowed the performance speeds of the central processing units ('CPUs') of these devices".
Users of older iPhone models, such as the iPhone 6, iPhone 6S and iPhone SE might have noticed a slower performance after updates to the iOS.
The three lawsuits bring a variety of claims, including that Apple fraudulently concealed problems with batteries in the older phones, that its moves violated state consumer protection laws, and, in the Central District of California case, that the company trespassed onto consumers phones by interfering with the speed of their devices.
Le chef d'orchestre Charles Dutoit accusé de harcèlement
Dutoit, dans sa salle d'habillage, dans un ascenseur et même dans la pénombre, derrière la scène. Il a été chef de l'Orchestre symphonique de Montréal de 1977 à 2002.
A year ago we released a feature for iPhone 6, iPhone 6s and iPhone SE to smooth out the instantaneous peaks only when needed to prevent the device from unexpectedly shutting down during these conditions.
Another iPhone customer, Emily Peguero, echoed Prozor's sentiments, telling ABC News, "I feel like Apple keeps coming up with new products and new products and slowing down the other versions so that you have to buy the new version".
Recent revelations show that there is a feature on iPhone that slows it down eventually.
Several tech websites said rather than splash out on new phones, users can get Apple to replace the battery for a $79 fee in the U.S. or €89 euros in Europe.
But the good news is, if you replace your battery, the iPhone will detect that the battery can handle processing peaks again and you'll see an instant boost in speed.
- Deputy speaker Lindsay Hoyle's daughter found hanged in bedroom, inquest hears
- Des gardes-côtes libèrent une tortue piégée par 800 kilos de cocaïne
- Amazon Acquires Smart Camera And Video Doorbell Company Blink
- Federal Bureau of Investigation deputy director McCabe backs up Comey's 'loyalty oath' claim
- Muore schiantandosi con l'auto contro un muretto
- Putin, Merkel Agree to Try to Return Russian Observers to East Ukraine
- Apple admet réduire la vitesse des anciens iPhone
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' sends series out on bum note
- Le tirage du mercredi 20 décembre, 3 millions d'euros — Résultat Loto (FDJ)
- James Franco HIGHlariously Spoofs Hallmark Channel Christmas Movies In Unaired SNL Clip