"Saeed, who was released by Pakistan from house arrest last November resulting in an angry reaction from the USA, was the "mastermind" of the Mumbai terrorist attacks and is the leader of Lashkar-e-Taiba", State Department talking head Heather Nauert issued this statement.
The Lahore High Court ordered in November to release the JuD chief after which he announced contesting next general election through the platform of the Milli Muslim League (MML). "It's considered a foreign terror organization by the U.S. Government for a reason and for a good reason.I hope they'll do the right thing", said US State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert, referring to the Pakistan government.
Hafiz Saeed, who has a $10 million American bounty on his head for terror activities, was freed by Pakistan on November 24. He is a United Nations and USA designated terrorist.
Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets ETF (VWO) Declines 0.25% for Dec 19
Some investors will choose to rely on the expertise of professionals, while others will try to have a go at it on their own. A reading under 20 would indicate no trend, and a reading from 20-25 would suggest that there is no clear trend signal.
It said that it hopes Pakistan "does the right thing" in not allowing that to happen and added that it "want (s) to make.clear so that everybody knows", that the USA has put a bounty of $10 million on Saeed, the founder of the Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT). So I want to make that clear, so that everybody knows - United States dollars 10 million, out for this guy. "And we would certainly have concerns about him running for office", Ms Nauert said.
The US had also strongly damned the release of the Lashkar-e-Taiba head from house arrest and had tagged for his immediate re-arrest and prosecution.
"I can tell you his organisation that was responsible for those attacks is considered a foreign terror organisation". He's asking about the mastermind of those attacks, a man who is affiliated with LeT, Lashkar-e Tayyiba, one of the terror groups. "If we had any intelligence, and that's not an area that I can discuss anyway, but we would certainly share it with the Pakistani's on that front. I hope they'll do the right thing".
- Atleti report Barca for illegal Griezmann approach
- Richmond police sergeant arrested in SF hotel standoff
- Time Warner Inc. (TWX) — Trending Stock Alert
- Un mort dans une collision entre une voiture et un véhicule de gendarmerie — Haute-Loire
- Steelers WR Brown terms injury as "minor setback"
- Google Chrome to start blocking ads in February
- Facebook To Demote Posts That Beg For Likes, Comments
- Parti socialiste : le siège historique de Solférino vendu 45,5 millions d'euros
- Facebook says it wants your face data in the name of privacy
- Aussie man arrested in Bali on drug charge