This morning the government signalled it will accept the amendment by adding the name of Steve Baker, a junior Brexit minister, to the list of...
Instead she said MPs would have "had their say" on the agreement by voting through the withdrawal agreement Bill.
Julian Lewis, a former shadow minister, was the first Tory backbencher to raise concerns that amendment 400 to the EU Withdrawal Bill would allow MPs to "change the date of our leaving the EU".
Mrs May also clashed with Mrs Cooper over whether camera equipment installed on the Northern Ireland border constituted "physical infrastructure".
Mrs May said she would "not give a running commentary on every aspect as we go into negotiations on this matter", only re-stating her commitment to no hard border.
Now, a robotic cat armed with AI to help seniors
The new three-year project aims to develop additional capabilities to help older adults with simple tasks. It purrs and meows, and even appears to lick its paw and roll over to ask for a belly rub.
"A camera is a camera - it's physical", Mrs Cooper interjected.
Mrs May also rubbished the SNP's Angus MacNeil claim she had gone "begging" for two more years to deliver Brexit.
But the level of support for the amendment, coming as it does from a broad cross section of Tory MPs from both the Brexiteer and Remain wings of the party, means the Government will have little choice but to cave in given its inability to command a majority in the Commons without the support of the DUP's 10 MPs.
Labour MP Ian Murray, speaking soon after in the Commons chamber, accused the PM of "refusing to fully commit to abiding by amendment 7" - the proposal passed last week.
- Apples sold at NC Aldi stores recalled for possible listeria contamination
- Trudeau apologizes, takes responsibility for violating ethics rules
- Gasset remplace Sablé au poste d'entraîneur — ASSE
- Eagle Scout climbs into trains, helps passengers in train derailment
- Mexican Fish Are Having Orgies So Loud It Could Deafen Dolphins
- Loblaw admits to bread price-fixing for 14 years — BUSINESS REPORT
- Hindu, Muslim and Sikh festivals to get more BBC coverage
- L'épidémie atteint l'Occitanie — Grippe
- Elon Musk shows off SpaceX's nearly fully-assembled Falcon Heavy rocket
- Hip-hop pioneer Combat Jack dies aged 48