A Christmas Story Live! trying to replicate the success of this movie is an extremely steep hill to climb.
One person suggested that the only thing that could make this show exciting is an epic flub.
Although it played on Broadway and around the country, "A Christmas Story: The Musical" is not among the stage's better-known works.
Twitter Rolls Out Stricter Rules On Abusive Content
Monitors at the San Francisco company will weigh hateful imagery in the same way they do graphic violence and adult content. The account for American Renaissance, a white nationalist online magazine run by Jared Taylor, was among those suspended.
Shepherd's voice-over narration is integral to the film; the musical actually puts him onstage, a ghost from the future hovering over almost every scene, here in the person of Matthew Broderick, who found his own, gentler way through Shepherd's pointy prose. Actor Andy Walken, who plays Ralphie, is a dead ringer for Peter Billingsley, who played Ralphie in the movie.
Tell us, HollywoodLifers - What did YOU think of Andy's performance during the live performance of A Christmas Story Live? The whole company of kids, in fact, was energetic and on their marks, and possibly inspirational to children in the audience who may now be nursing Broadway dreams of their own. Diamantopoulos did a fine job singing and dancing through "A Major Award", Jane Krakowski, as Ralphie's teacher Miss Shields, tap-danced her way into hour hearts, and Ana Gasteyer wowed 'em with "Market for a Miracle", a show-stopper especially written for the TV event.
The film does not exactly boast a strong plot line. (It is a kind of rondo, in musical terms, returning occasionally to the theme, represented by the song "It All Comes Down to Christmas.") But the movie is a humble, compact, comfy thing; it feels like family.
I know unfair to compare two works from the same source material, but human nature makes it impossible so I figure why not just go with human nature and do a compare and contrast of these two works of a great story!
Did you watch A Christmas Story Live! on Fox?
- Reddit mobile app gets new functionality and mod tools
- Faf du Plessis, South Africa captain, doubtful for inaugural four-day Test
- Showtime Sets February Premiere for Our Cartoon President
- Wall St climbs on rising tax-cut hopes; Nasdaq breaks above 7000
- Microsoft testing more design tweaks for Skype on Android
- Google Focuses on ARCore, Announces Death of Tango
- Energy Transfer Partners, LP (ETP) has a market cap of $19.88 Billion
- Remains of ex-Italy king returned from Egypt
- Custer park officers anticipate fireplace containment to extend
- Bill O'Brien says he won't quit despite Texans struggles