Ahsan Iqbal said that the long term plan would expand the scope of cooperation in various new areas, including cooperation in social sectors along with economic fields.
Speaking at the launching ceremony of CPEC Long Term Plan, the minister said in 2013 Pakistan was facing many challenges including power crisis, crash of stock exchange, economic challenges and poor law and order situation.
The long-term CPEC plan was announced at a ceremony in Islamabad on December 18.
Interior Minister Ahsan Iqbal remarked that it has become necessary for Pakistan to follow China's economic vision.
Tens of thousands protest in Indonesia against US Jerusalem move
Security Council "in a state of failure" and said Turkey would continue to stand by the "Palestinian state and its people". And it would have called for intensified and accelerated worldwide and regional efforts to achieve Middle East peace.
"He said that CPEC was a national plan approved by the both the Chinese and Pakistan government". "It will effectively match relevant national plans of China as well as Pakistan Vision 2025", he added.
"This plan is effective until 2030, the short-term projects included will be considered by up to 2020; medium-term project up to 2025 and long-term projects up to 2030" he added. It was China that showed a positive gesture and supported the falling economy by bringing in about 46 billion US dollars investment in the form of CPEC, he said.
Ahsan said CPEC identified four areas including energy, Gwadar Port development, infrastructure and industrial cooperation, in the first phase the government focused on connectivity especially construction of new highways along three accesses to western route, central route and eastern route of the CPEC, he added.
Praising the neighbouring country for investing in Pakistan at a time when others were shelving businesses in the country, he said, "China had invested over $ 50 billion when other countries were not interested to make any investment".
- Cubist Systematic Strategies LLC Purchases 25301 Shares of Rio Tinto PLC (RIO)
- Bill O'Brien says he won't quit despite Texans struggles
- Amazon Prime Video app reportedly set all-time tvOS record for early downloads
- Sigurdsson stunner for Everton helps sink struggling Swansea
- Coolio Fears Eminem Will Be Killed Over Dissing Trump
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- US EPA seeks comment on carbon rule replacement
- Design of Russian athletes' Olympic kits not yet approved - ROC president
- PENGASSAN: Oil Workers Suspend Nationwide Strike
- Major League Baseball pitcher Cole Hamels donates $9.75M mansion to charity