Inna Dyubanok, Ekaterina Lebedeva, Ekaterina Pashkevich, Anna Shibanova, Ekaterina Smolentseva and Galina Skiba were all found to have committed doping violations by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) following re-analysis of samples taken from the Sochi Games.
Six Russian ice hockey players have been disqualified from the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics for doping, meaning their country has also been removed from official results. According to insidethegames.biz news outlet, citing the commission's document seen by it, the mentioned athlete was Russian speed skater Denis Yuskov.
Designs of the Russian national team's uniform for the 2018 Olympic Games South Korea's PyeongChang have not yet been approved, with consultations on that matter being underway with the International Olympic Committee (IOC), President of the Russian Olympic Committee (ROC) Alexander Zhukov told TASS on Sunday. The neutral uniform should be approved the International Olympic Committee, which will penalize any athlete who displays Russian emblems.
Charlottesville Police Chief Alfred Thomas resigns after criticism over white nationalist rally
Attorney Timothy Heaphy, found police didn't adequately plan for the event despite ample intelligence suggesting a major threat. A woman was killed when a vehicle plowed into a crowd of people who were peacefully protesting the white nationalists.
Russian Federation has been banned from taking part at next year's Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea due to this widespread doping. The IOC vowed however to observe the rights of clean athletes. The list of Russian athletes cleared for the 2018 Olympics will be made public later.
"I think the decision will be roughly the same as the one on the Olympic athletes", Zhukov said.
In 2016, following the publication of the report of World Anti-Doping Agency's (WADA) independent commission headed by Richard McLaren on Russia's alleged involvement in doping activities, the IPC suspended membership of the Russian Paralympic Committee (RPC) and announced a ban on Russia's Paralympic athletes from the 2016 Summer and possibly 2018 Winter Paralympics.
- Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola: We can still do much, much better
- Hardik Patel says BJP hacked EVMs for Gujarat Elections
- Amazon Prime Video app reportedly set all-time tvOS record for early downloads
- Red Sox sign Mitch Moreland to 2-year deal
- McCain says he's feeling well, vows return in January
- Panthers make Tina Becker CEO as Jerry Richardson relinquishes control
- Energy Transfer Partners, LP (ETP) has a market cap of $19.88 Billion
- Cubist Systematic Strategies LLC Purchases 25301 Shares of Rio Tinto PLC (RIO)
- Faf du Plessis, South Africa captain, doubtful for inaugural four-day Test
- Le RC Lens se donne de l'air avant la trêve