The second prototype of the C919 plane took off from Shanghai's Pudong International airport marking a successful maiden test flight, state media reported.
The aim was to conduct another long-distance test flight in late January, chief engineer Wang Wei was quoted as saying.
The second test C919 aircraft, China's first domestically developed narrow-body passenger jet, made its debut flight on Sunday, indicating the aircraft model is starting the prelude of large-scale experiments and test flights, its manufacturer said.
Jury convicts ex-Metro Transit police officer of trying to help ISIS
In actuality, Young believed the CHS had gone to Turkey and then to Syria in order to join and fight for ISIS. He believed an associate - an informant with the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force - had joined ISIS in 2014.
As for China's C919 program, more than 1,000 "torture" tests are awaiting the six test planes, covering temperature, stall and water resistance, ultimate load-bearing capacity, bird impacts, metal fatigue, minimal takeoff speed and others, all aimed at ascertaining the plane's reliability in extreme scenarios. More than 1,000 tests would be carried out.
According to its manufacturer, Commercial Aircraft Corp of China Ltd, the maiden flight is a milestone that marks the airplane's move to an airworthiness certification phase. It made its first complete long-distance flight on November 10, flying for 2 hours and 23 minutes from Shanghai to Xi'an and reached an altitude of 7,800 meters.
So far, 785 orders from 27 customers throughout China and overseas have been placed for the C919.
- Coolio Fears Eminem Will Be Killed Over Dissing Trump
- Nova Launcher Prime Down to Just $1 on Google Play
- Orange County hosts Wreaths Across America ceremony at Veterans Memorial Cemetery
- Fatigue not a factor in Celtic loss to Hearts, insists Scott Brown
- Justin Gatlin embroiled in new doping scandal
- MI-8 choppers to be phased out today
- PENGASSAN: Oil Workers Suspend Nationwide Strike
- Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL get sizeable discounts
- Govt to launch long-term CPEC plan
- Daesh revendique l'attaque d'un centre de formation militaire à Kaboul — Afghanistan