After the game, O'Brien praised the 10-4 Jaguars. O'Brien, who told reporters last week that he hopes to stay in Houston, is aware that he would be coveted elsewhere at a time when almost a third of the league could be hiring a new coach and there are few proven head coaching candidates.
Facing rampant unconfirmed speculation about his job security as the Texans careen toward a losing season for the first time under his tenure, Texans coach Bill O'Brien made it abundantly clear that he has no plans to walk away.
O'Brien said he has a "good relationship" with general manager Rick Smith.
"I will never quit as the head coach of the Houston Texans, ever", O'Brien said, per Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. "I didn't even read the story, was told about it a little bit", O'Brien said. On Monday he said he has "no control over that".
BerganKDV Wealth Management LLC Increases Holdings in Oracle Corporation (ORCL)
Foster & Motley Inc decreased Pepsico Incorporated (NYSE:PEP) stake by 2,839 shares to 68,807 valued at $7.95 million in 2017Q2. The Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss Llc holds 156,758 shares with $4.95 million value, up from 37,612 last quarter.
Houston's season collapsed after rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson suffered a season-ending knee injury. The article said that "many close to the situation believe change is on the horizon". "I was raised in a family that believes in family, faith, education, never quitting".
O'Brien has one season remaining on the five-year contract he signed when he became the Texans' coach in 2014.
The Texans, meantime, would boast one of the most attractive coaching jobs in the National Football League, with stars on both sides of the ball and Watson playing at an All-Pro level prior to his injury.
Pending O'Brien retains his position as head coach next season, it should be interesting to see what the duo are able to pull off in 2018.
Houston is 31-31 during O'Brien's four seasons.
- Charlottesville Police Chief Alfred Thomas resigns after criticism over white nationalist rally
- McCain says he's feeling well, vows return in January
- Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola: We can still do much, much better
- Google Focuses on ARCore, Announces Death of Tango
- Major League Baseball pitcher Cole Hamels donates $9.75M mansion to charity
- Huddersfield's Kachunga out for up to three months
- Red Sox sign Mitch Moreland to 2-year deal
- Coolio Fears Eminem Will Be Killed Over Dissing Trump
- Stifel Financial Corp Acquires 24126 Shares of Monster Beverage Corporation (NASDAQ:MNST)
- US Housing Market Index Jumps To 18-Year High In December