The Argentine playmaker went down under a challenge from Erik Pieters in the penalty area, convincing referee Graham Scott to award a spot kick.
Manuel Lanzini has been charged by the Football Association for the "successful deception of a match official" during the Hammers 3-0 victory over Stoke City on Saturday, the FA confirmed on their website.
Decisions are made, on a fast-track basis, by a panel comprised of one ex-official, one ex-manager and one ex-player - all three review the video footage independently and a charge follows only when they are unanimous.
Lanzini, the West Ham United attacker, could be suspended for two games following the decision to charge him for "successful deception of a match official".
Anushka Sharma-Virat Kohli wedding: Everything you need to know
They have gotten married and they realise how much media hype will be around them so they went away to Italy and did it". According to Deccan Chronicle report, the newly married couple is now enjoying their honeymoon in Finland.
If the charge is accepted or upheld by an independent commission, the guilty player receives a two-match ban and any cards involved are rescinded.
Everton forward Oumar Niasse was the first Premier League player to be banned for diving after new FA laws to punish simulation were introduced in May.
MANUEL LANZINI has been retrospectively charged by the FA for his dive against Stoke. "It doesn't help us now".
"If you take the whole action into consideration, I definitely don't see it being a dive".
- Assad forces enter Idlib de-escalation zone as Russian Federation air strike kills 10
- LG V30 Plus Is Now Available For Purchase In India For $700
- Green Valley Investors LLC Has Cut Its Express Scripts Holding Co (ESRX) Position by $9.75 Million as Market Valuation Declined
- RTE sports producer admits child sex charges in Leeds
- LHC declares appointment of Absar Alam as Pemra chairman illegal
- Army announces end of operations restore legacy, returns to barracks
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle to marry on Shavuot eve
- To acquire Texas-based snack company for $1.6B
- 'SNL': Alec Baldwin Ends War On Christmas As Omarosa Begs Forgiveness
- Loss of CHIP funding could affect thousands of Long Beach area children