The Argentine playmaker went down under a challenge from Erik Pieters in the penalty area, convincing referee Graham Scott to award a spot kick.
Manuel Lanzini has been charged by the Football Association for the "successful deception of a match official" during the Hammers 3-0 victory over Stoke City on Saturday, the FA confirmed on their website.
Decisions are made, on a fast-track basis, by a panel comprised of one ex-official, one ex-manager and one ex-player - all three review the video footage independently and a charge follows only when they are unanimous.
Lanzini, the West Ham United attacker, could be suspended for two games following the decision to charge him for "successful deception of a match official".
Di Rupo: "Que M. Labille s'occupe de Solidaris"
Ce dernier comprend l'intervention de Jean-Pascal Labille s'il s'agit d'un appel à préparer la transition, voulue par tous. Je suis militant depuis près de quarante ans et j'ai l'impression qu'on phagocyte mon parti.
If the charge is accepted or upheld by an independent commission, the guilty player receives a two-match ban and any cards involved are rescinded.
Everton forward Oumar Niasse was the first Premier League player to be banned for diving after new FA laws to punish simulation were introduced in May.
MANUEL LANZINI has been retrospectively charged by the FA for his dive against Stoke. "It doesn't help us now".
"If you take the whole action into consideration, I definitely don't see it being a dive".
- Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 Plus heading to the Switch in February
- Libyan Mayor abducted, killed: security source
- Ex Wife Of Slain NBA Star Lorenzen Wright Charged With His Murder
- ISIS Will Be Defeated in Syria by February: Macron
- Loss of CHIP funding could affect thousands of Long Beach area children
- Chile's Guillier concedes presidency to Pinera
- Vidéo : un Youtuber moto arrête un délit de fuite en plein tournage
- Statoil unveils US$2.85mln Petrobras deal to triple Brazil production
- LHC declares appointment of Absar Alam as Pemra chairman illegal
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) AirPods Are Sold Out Until After New Years