Japan's export growth accelerated in November to mark a full year of annual gains, underscoring the strength of external demand that has led the economy to its second-longest run of postwar growth.
Imports from Asia climbed 19.7 percent on year to 3.455 trillion yen, while imports from China alone gained an annual 21.6 percent to 1.810 trillion yen.
According to the Finance Ministry, the surplus stood at 113.4 billion yen (1 billion US dollars) in the recording period.
Exports to Asia advanced 20.4 percent on year to 3.894 trillion yen, while exports to China alone jumped an annual 25.1 percent to 1.379 trillion yen.
Chili: le conservateur Sebastian Piñera redevient président
Seule certitude: le vainqueur, quel qu'il soit, ne disposera pas de la majorité au Parlement et devra nouer des alliances. Son adversaire de centre-gauche, le sénateur Alejandro Guillier, était crédité de près de 45,4 pour cent des voix.
The gain was driven by China-bound shipments of LCD manufacturing equipment, exports of steel to Thailand and hybrid cars for South Korea.
Japan's politically sensitive trade surplus with the United States rose 13.7 percent - the fifth monthly rise in a row - on increased exports of automobiles and construction machines.
Japan had a merchandise trade surplus of 113.357 billion yen in November, the Ministry of Finance said on Monday. Shipments to the USA were up 13 percent, while exports to Western Europe climbed 17 percent, led by a 27 percent jump in exports to Germany. The trade balance is expected to show a deficit of 40.0 billion after posting a surplus of 285.4 billion a month earlier.
- Heinz Wolff, scientist and Great Egg Race presenter, dies at 89
- UN Security Council to vote on outlawing Trump's Jerusalem decision
- Eidos Montreal Head Says the Studio Isn't Abandoning Single-Player Games
- Rohingya refugees face 'multitude of protection risks,' warns UN agency
- Jimmy Garoppolo Leads 49ers To Comeback Win, Still Undefeated As Starter
- Raptors edge Kings, Vinsanity for ninth straight home win
- Minnie Driver slams ex Matt Damon's sexual misconduct comments
- Children serenade pope on 81st birthday; he appeals for kidnapped nuns
- OM : Rami est pessimiste... pour Lyon !
- Boy rewarded for passing on Christmas gifts to help the homeless