Kachunga scored his first league goal of the season as Huddersfield beat Watford 4-1 on Saturday but left the pitch on a stretcher shortly after his sixth-minute opener following a collision with Watford goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes.
Scans have shown damage to the DR Congo international's medial collateral ligament and he is expected to be out for between eight and 12 weeks.
Speaking to his fans, via Twitter, the 25-year-old striker gave an update regarding his situation, saying: "Hi Fans, my first goal in the Prem will not be followed by another one for Huddersfield in the upcoming weeks unfortunately".
Tavis Smiley Cops Pleas On Good Morning America, Denies Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Smiley also copped to having several consensual relations on the show, which he independently owns and is distributed by PBS. Tavis Smiley appears at the 33rd annual ASCAP Pop Music Awards in Los Angeles, April 27, 2016.
The DR Congo worldwide initially joined the Terriers on a season-long loan from German club Ingolstadt in July 2016 before the move was made permanent in the summer for a reported fee of £1.1million.
There was better news for Town regarding defender Chris Lowe, who was also forced off before half-time at Vicarage Road.
Lowe hurt his foot in a challenge with Daryl Janmaat but scans revealed no bones have been broken and the club confirmed the German could be available for the Premier League game at Southampton on Saturday.
- Grizzly bear hunt banned in all British Columbia
- Kurdish authorities say Iraq forces preparing fresh attack; Iraq denies
- China: Thousands watch as 10 people sentenced to death
- Kim Kardashian on Infamous Sex Tape: 'Don't Be Ashamed'
- Wallace: It's Not Crazy for Trump to Be Concerned About FBI Bias
- Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT Details Upcoming Open Beta on PS4
- Twitter Rolls Out Stricter Rules On Abusive Content
- CDC director denies report of 'banned words' in budget documents
- US Housing Market Index Jumps To 18-Year High In December
- Mouvement de panique sur les Champs-Elysées: un homme sort un couteau et agresse un autre individu