"Dragon installed", a Nasa commentator said at 1326 GMT after the delicate, hours-long process of sealing 16 bolts joining the two craft was complete.
Earlier, as the Dragon arrived, the space station's robotic arm, operated by one of its astronauts, attached itself to the cargo ship as they were over Australia and Papua New Guinea.
"It's a great day to see Dragon back at ISS again", said another Nasa commentator.
Funeral procession begins for Southern California firefighter
A funeral procession is planned Sunday for Cory Iverson, the 32-year-old firefighter killed Thursday while battling the flames. It will continue from there down the Interstate 15 corridor before concluding at a Miramar mortuary just after 2 p.m.
John Muratore, director of Complex 40, said this month that the company spent about $50 million to fix and upgrade the launch pad, including new automated features to quicken turnaround time between launches and changes to the flame trench to enable longer rocket static fires. It's targeting a launch window of 10:36 AM EST (7:36 AM PST) this morning for its CRS-13 mission, which is its 13th resupply mission for the International Space Station.
Three minutes after launch the booster and second stage of the rocket separated.
The launch from Cape Canaveral Florida on Friday was historic, as the company SpaceX used a recycled rocket. SpaceX is looking to drive down launch costs through reusability.
It was the 14th recovery of a booster for SpaceX this year.
- Aconex Ltd shares set to rocket on Oracle's $1.6 billion takeover offer
- WCW And WWF Star Tom Zenk Passes Away At 59
- Minnie Driver slams ex Matt Damon's sexual misconduct comments
- Rohingya refugees face 'multitude of protection risks,' warns UN agency
- Selena Gomez Still Thinking About The Weeknd, Despite Justin Bieber Relationship?
- Steelers' Smith-Schuster likely to play; Pats rule out 2
- OM : Rami est pessimiste... pour Lyon !
- Boy rewarded for passing on Christmas gifts to help the homeless
- Toyota preparing Le Mans-inspired GR supercar concept
- CME Bitcoin Futures Open Above $20k in First Day Trading