They were executed immediately after the verdicts were handed down in Luffen Prefecture in southern Guangdong province (Canton), 160 km from Hong Kong, state media reported. The accused were brought to the stadium on the back of police trucks with their sirens blaring, each person flanked by four officers wearing sunglasses.
The footage showed armed soldiers guarding the venue as the criminals, convicted of manslaughter, burglary and drug-related crimes, were sent up onto a raised platform, one by one, to hear their sentences read out via a loudspeaker. Thousands watched the spectacle, with some reports saying students in their school uniforms attended. It is unclear what happened to the other two people.
Israël perd de son pouvoir de dissuasion à Gaza — Gabbay
Depuis que Trump a déclaré reconnaitre Jérusalem comme capitale d'Israël, dix huit roquettes ont été tirés depuis la bande de Gaza vers l'Etat Juif.
China executes more every year than the rest of the world combined, though the exact figure is not published and considered to be a state secret. According to unofficial data previous year, about 2,000 people were executed in China.
China maintained the death penalty of non-violent offences, like economic crimes and drug trafficking. The trend to reintroduce open-air sentencing trials is reminiscent of the early days of the People's Republic, when capitalists and landowners were publicly denounced. Eight people were sentenced to death for drug crimes and summarily executed five months ago in a similar public trial, according to state media. Ten received a death sentence, ...
- Wallace: It's Not Crazy for Trump to Be Concerned About FBI Bias
- Wilson, No. 4 SC down Savannah State 99-38
- Rio Tinto starts autonomous retrofits for haul trucks
- Tyson Fury Explains Why Wilder Knocks Out Anthony Joshua
- Kurdish authorities say Iraq forces preparing fresh attack; Iraq denies
- Why Chick-fil-A Broke Tradition and Opened on a Sunday
- Khloe Kardashian's Latest Photo Provides Big Pregnancy Clue
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Environment Canada says snow in the forecast for Vancouver Island
- Mouvement de panique sur les Champs-Elysées: un homme sort un couteau et agresse un autre individu