After years of speculation and months of hype, Apple has released the iMac Pro, its most impressive desktop computer to date. While it's hard to see why a user would need much more power than the recently redesigned iMac Pro, the modularity behind the Mac Pro is the biggest draw behind the luxury device.
"With new features like 360-degree VR editing and motion graphics, advanced color grading and HDR support, Final Cut Pro gives video editors the tools to create stunning, next-generation content", said Susan Prescott, Apple's vice president of Apps Product Marketing. Pricing for new users is $299.99 U.S. for Final Cut Pro X, and 49.99 United States each for new users of Compressor and Motion, with free upgrades available to existing users for all three applications. The base model is available costing [$4,999} and comes with an 8-core Intel Xeon processor, 32GB of RAM and 1TB of storage.
The iMac Pro represents Apple's attempt to appease creative professionals who have always been Mac users, which has driven a wealth of bespoke software key to industries such as film, TV, photography and engineering. But Apple's neglect of its professional workstation the Mac Pro, which was last updated in 2013, has seen the company lose favour, with some sections of its user base switching to Windows and rival software packages.
Why Chick-fil-A Broke Tradition and Opened on a Sunday
They spent Sunday night on a carpeted floor outside an elevator and hoped to get standby status on a Monday afternoon flight. Delta was also allowing people traveling to, from or through Atlanta through Tuesday to make a one-time change for no fee.
Apple also reiterated that it was working on a new version of the Mac Pro, which will return to some form of modular PC-like design, plus a new high-end "pro" display. It is certainly a very powerful computer, but like a consumer-grade machine it is not upgradable.
The recent release of the iMac Pro has given professional users a seriously powerful machine as long as they're willing to shell out some serious money.
- Reddit mobile app gets new functionality and mod tools
- Google Focuses on ARCore, Announces Death of Tango
- ThaiBev wins B156bn stake in Vietnam's Sabeco
- Tavis Smiley Cops Pleas On Good Morning America, Denies Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- Russia's Kaspersky Lab sues Trump administration over product ban
- US Housing Market Index Jumps To 18-Year High In December
- Faf du Plessis, South Africa captain, doubtful for inaugural four-day Test
- Mouvement de panique sur les Champs-Elysées: un homme sort un couteau et agresse un autre individu
- Huddersfield's Kachunga out for up to three months
- Environment Canada says snow in the forecast for Vancouver Island