Griezmann at first reacted to the criticism by tweeting: "Calm down friends, I'm a fan of the Harlem Globetrotters and of this great era".
French worldwide footballer Antoine Griezmann has attracted criticism after posting an image of himself in a fancy dress outfit on his Twitter account.
The Frenchman, who was imitating an NBA allstar basketball player at a 1980s-themed party, received backlash from other social media users for the post.
United Kingdom manufacturing orders hold steady in December - CBI
Moreover, the survey of 371 manufacturers, fund that export order books weakened slightly compared with November's record levels, but remained strong.
That was until Atletico Madrid's transfer ban was upheld and, out of respect for his employers, Griezmann chose to stay put as they were unable to sign a replacement for him at the time. "I admit this is awkward on my part. If I have offended people, I apologise", he wrote. British left-wing lawmaker David Lammy tweeted: "There are so, so many different options for an 80's party... that don't involve blackface". I mean, this isn't even just blackface.
Griezmann played for France in the 2014 World Cup, was the top scorer at the UEFA Euro 2016 tournament and finished third that year in voting for the Ballon d'Or, FIFA's player of the year award.
- Hollywood's mixed reaction to Disney-Fox merger
- PSG : Emery annonce le possible retour de Rabiot contre Caen
- Israël perd de son pouvoir de dissuasion à Gaza — Gabbay
- " "A coups de marteau, un barbu détruit une statue " nue " (vidéo) — Algérie
- Brendon McCullum extends Big Bash League deal with Brisbane
- PSG - Mercato : L'énorme précision d'Antero Henrique sur Wendel
- Duterte change d'avis quant au mariage gay
- Incendie dans un Hôtel à Québec — DERNIÈRE HEURE
- Catcher JT Realmuto requests trade from Miami Marlins after dismantling of team
- The Ocean's 8 Teaser Gives You Everything You Need in 15 Seconds