Two women are dead and 17 people are injured after a balcony collapsed during a Christmas party at a house in Melbourne.
The tragic incident has left one woman dead and a woman in her 30s fighting for life.
More than 30 people were standing on the back deck of a house at around 10:30pm when the balcony collapsed.
The woman, who is yet to be identified, died at the scene.
Police said 17 other people were rushed to hospital with varying injuries.
Woman killed and 18 injured in Melbourne balcony collapse
A 59-year-old woman died at the scene, while a 37-year-old woman who was critically injured died in hosptial this morning.
State Health Commander Paul Holman said it was a chaotic scene that required a major emergency response.
Ten women and seven men, aged between 20 and 69, were taken to hospitals with soft tissue injuries, fractures and lacerations.
Several people were also trapped after the balcony collapsed at about 10.30pm in Doncaster East, about 22 kilometres east of Melbourne.
One witness told The Herald Sun he was shocked by the tragedy.
Virginia Tech stays close, but can't seal the deal against Kentucky
The over/under total for the game is listed at 157.5 points. "He's playing the way I want him to play which is score baskets". Ahmed Hill led Virginia Tech with 20 points, and Justin Robinson added 19. "If we didn't turn them over, they win the game.
- Can Huawei, Xiaomi Compete With Apple In US After New Carrier Agreements?
- Ski lift malfunction in Pennsylvania injures 5
- Hamsik matches Maradona's all-time Napoli scoring record
- CSX CEO Hunter Harrison Dies at 73, Company Confirms
- Cristiano Ronaldo provides injury update ahead of crucial Barcelona game
- Delcy Rodríguez agradece apoyo de gobierno dominicano en proceso del diálogo
- Moors & Cabot Inc. Buys New Position in Lam Research Co. (LRCX)
- Lourds: Yoka sans pitié contre Baghouz
- L'ANC cherche un successeur à Zuma — Afrique du Sud
- National Football League 2017 Week 15: Chicago Bears vs Detroit Lions preview and prediction