And the 46-year-old progressed easily as he hit seven 180s in 11 legs.
The "Flying Scotsman" moved into a 2-0 lead against the Canadian with an average of 132 in the second set. In the first set he went behind 1-2 before rallying to take the next two legs and the set against the throw.
Dekker lost his first four legs but recovered to claim the second set and fire two ton-plus finishes on his way to winning the third, with the 27-year-old capitalising on Klassen's missed chances in the fourth by continuing his high double percentage and sealing victory.
Former Lakeside champion Stephen Bunting was humbled by Dimitri Van den Bergh, the World Youth Championship victor.
Phil Taylor beats Chris Dobey in first round of World Darts Championship
Taylor is calling time on his unrivalled career at the end of a championship he hopes will bring him a 17th world title and the first man in his way was Chris Dobey.
The pick of the afternoon session saw Robert Thornton fires six 180s on his way to a hard-fought 3-1 success against Brendan Dolan, who had despatched Croatia's Alan Ljubić in straight sets during the preliminary round.
There was no PDC World Championship banana skin for Phil Taylor, although it was far from plain sailing as he navigated a first-round clash at his final ever tournament.
HMDA, Ford ink MoU for data sharing
The MoU will enable Ford India to access HMDA data to provide them with solutions and see investments in services by the company. Rama Rao, MA&UD minister, said, " Hyderabad has a significant advantage due to its excellent infrastructure and connectivity".
- Sears Holdings Corp Sentiment Worsening on Low Stock Potential
- BreakingNews 15/12/17 - We need our troops back home, Buhari tells Guinea Bissau
- 12 millionnaires parmi les membres du gouvernement — Patrimoine
- Can´t cease taking photos of your self? Then you definately may…
- ISL 2017, Match 25: Delhi Dynamos vs FC Goa - 5 Talking points
- Cristiano Ronaldo provides injury update ahead of crucial Barcelona game
- Oscar Isaac in talks to play 'Addams Family' patriarch
- Medicinal hope: Ketamine reduces suicidal thoughts in depression patients
- Austrian far-right leader says has ruled out Brexit-style vote
- Trump's 4th Amendment Violated By Special Counsel Robert Mueller