And the 46-year-old progressed easily as he hit seven 180s in 11 legs.
The "Flying Scotsman" moved into a 2-0 lead against the Canadian with an average of 132 in the second set. In the first set he went behind 1-2 before rallying to take the next two legs and the set against the throw.
Dekker lost his first four legs but recovered to claim the second set and fire two ton-plus finishes on his way to winning the third, with the 27-year-old capitalising on Klassen's missed chances in the fourth by continuing his high double percentage and sealing victory.
Former Lakeside champion Stephen Bunting was humbled by Dimitri Van den Bergh, the World Youth Championship victor.
Two-time champion Anderson beats qualifier Jeff Smith in first round
Taylor is calling time on his unrivalled career at the end of a championship he hopes will bring him a 17th world title and the first man in his way was Chris Dobey.
The pick of the afternoon session saw Robert Thornton fires six 180s on his way to a hard-fought 3-1 success against Brendan Dolan, who had despatched Croatia's Alan Ljubić in straight sets during the preliminary round.
There was no PDC World Championship banana skin for Phil Taylor, although it was far from plain sailing as he navigated a first-round clash at his final ever tournament.
Medicinal hope: Ketamine reduces suicidal thoughts in depression patients
A study performed by researchers from Columbia University Medical Center discovered one of the most unlikely antidepressants. One group received ketamine while the other group received midazolam, a sedative.
- Ingalls & Snyder LLC Sells 6867 Shares of Emerson Electric Company (EMR)
- Cristiano Ronaldo provides injury update ahead of crucial Barcelona game
- Hamsik matches Maradona's all-time Napoli scoring record
- Woman killed and 18 injured in Melbourne balcony collapse
- Trump's 4th Amendment Violated By Special Counsel Robert Mueller
- Middleby (MIDD) Upgraded to Hold by BidaskClub
- 12 millionnaires parmi les membres du gouvernement — Patrimoine
- Can´t cease taking photos of your self? Then you definately may…
- JMP Securities Cuts Criteo (NASDAQ:CRTO) Stock To a "Market Perform" Rating
- Six-year-old boy dies from injuries sustained in Mississauga crash