The incident forced a brief evacuation of parts of the busy airport just outside Amsterdam.
The building was evacuated after the police shooting and separate footage shows medics rushing out of the building with a stretcher.
The 29-year-old is in an Amsterdam hospital, Steven said, adding that the man appeared to have acted alone.
The incident is not being treated as an extremist attack, spokesman Stan Verberkt said.
Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City given fresh Virgil van Dijk encouragement
LIVERPOOL are bracing themselves for a tug-of-war with Manchester City over long-term target Virgil van Dijk . Asked if Saints' resolve remained, Pellegrino added: "I can't control this".
A man wielding a knife was shot by military police at Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport and taken into custody, an official said.
No details of his condition were released.
It serves as the second main hub for Air France-KLM, and also hosts many budget airlines such as Transavia and EasyJet.
- Is Buying Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) Here a Winning Strategy?
- House chairman invites Patagonia CEO to testify on monuments
- Deadline for linking Aadhar with mobile number extended until 31st March
- Driver killed in alleged SF firing, massive protests erupt in Kashmir
- Caterpillar (CAT) Downgraded to "Sell" at Vetr
- Read the rabid anti-Trump texts from demoted Federal Bureau of Investigation agent Peter Strzok
- Watch the Exact Moment Robin Roberts Slammed Omarosa on 'Good Morning America'
- Target launching same-day delivery for most stores in 2018
- Franklin County deputies respond to plane crash near Louisburg
- Au moins huit morts dans une attaque contre une église — Pakistan