"While a member of the Detroit Pistons past year, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope plead guilty to a misdemeanor offense of allowing someone to operate his vehicle under the influence", attorney Jeffrey Lance Abood said in a statement.
"For me, this is new", Lakers coach Luke Walton said following Saturday's practice, sharing that he was not notified in advance that Caldwell-Pope would miss Thursday's game.
Caldwell-Pope said that the original plan was for him to leave NY, travel to Detroit for the legal matter and meet the team in Cleveland before Thursday's game against the Cavaliers.
BreakingNews 15/12/17 - We need our troops back home, Buhari tells Guinea Bissau
Buhari said it was important to authenticate the origin of people overseas in distress before evacuating them to Nigeria. He said Nigeria would continue to fulfill its obligations to the sub-regional body.
The Los Angeles Times, citing people familiar with the situation who weren't authorized to speak publicly, reported that Caldwell-Pope missed the game in Cleveland because he had to return to California to begin an intensive 25-day probation program that includes travel restrictions. "I was blessed that I am able to continue to play ball". "There will be some travel restrictions, but we are pleased that Kentavious will now continue with his National Basketball Association season and move forward in a positive manner from this experience".
Caldwell-Pope was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving early March 29 in Auburn Hills, Michigan, after police say he was spotted going about 45 miles per hour in a 25 miles per hour zone. "I feel like I let them down, as well, my coaches, the organization", Caldwell-Pope said. The Lakers have leaned on Caldwell-Pope, 24, to provide veteran leadership, turn the Lakers' defense around and at times be the team's closer in close games.
- Thomas Walsh Sells 750 Shares of Skechers USA Inc (SKX) Stock
- North Korean Cyber Group Seeks to Woo Bitcoin Job Seekers
- LR. Pécresse décide de rester en "étant différente" de Wauquiez
- Medicinal hope: Ketamine reduces suicidal thoughts in depression patients
- HMDA, Ford ink MoU for data sharing
- Ingalls & Snyder LLC Sells 6867 Shares of Emerson Electric Company (EMR)
- JMP Securities Cuts Criteo (NASDAQ:CRTO) Stock To a "Market Perform" Rating
- Oscar Isaac in talks to play 'Addams Family' patriarch
- Sears Holdings Corp Sentiment Worsening on Low Stock Potential
- Chevrolet Silverado Unveiled Ahead Of Detroit Debut