"While a member of the Detroit Pistons past year, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope plead guilty to a misdemeanor offense of allowing someone to operate his vehicle under the influence", attorney Jeffrey Lance Abood said in a statement.
"For me, this is new", Lakers coach Luke Walton said following Saturday's practice, sharing that he was not notified in advance that Caldwell-Pope would miss Thursday's game.
Caldwell-Pope said that the original plan was for him to leave NY, travel to Detroit for the legal matter and meet the team in Cleveland before Thursday's game against the Cavaliers.
Chevrolet Silverado Unveiled Ahead Of Detroit Debut
This just in-the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado LT Trailboss was revealed at the Chevy Truck centennial event in Dallas, Texas. Known as the T1XX trucks, the 2019 Silverado is all-new, which is instantly noticeable from the design.
The Los Angeles Times, citing people familiar with the situation who weren't authorized to speak publicly, reported that Caldwell-Pope missed the game in Cleveland because he had to return to California to begin an intensive 25-day probation program that includes travel restrictions. "I was blessed that I am able to continue to play ball". "There will be some travel restrictions, but we are pleased that Kentavious will now continue with his National Basketball Association season and move forward in a positive manner from this experience".
Caldwell-Pope was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving early March 29 in Auburn Hills, Michigan, after police say he was spotted going about 45 miles per hour in a 25 miles per hour zone. "I feel like I let them down, as well, my coaches, the organization", Caldwell-Pope said. The Lakers have leaned on Caldwell-Pope, 24, to provide veteran leadership, turn the Lakers' defense around and at times be the team's closer in close games.
- After Reaching Milestone, Is Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT)'s Short Interest Revealing Something?
- Sears Holdings Corp Sentiment Worsening on Low Stock Potential
- JMP Securities Cuts Criteo (NASDAQ:CRTO) Stock To a "Market Perform" Rating
- Oscar Isaac in talks to play 'Addams Family' patriarch
- Thomas Walsh Sells 750 Shares of Skechers USA Inc (SKX) Stock
- Cristiano Ronaldo provides injury update ahead of crucial Barcelona game
- North Korean Cyber Group Seeks to Woo Bitcoin Job Seekers
- Autriche : le parti d'extrême droite met la main sur des ministères clés
- Trump's 4th Amendment Violated By Special Counsel Robert Mueller
- HMDA, Ford ink MoU for data sharing