Though the pitch at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata looked far less green on Sunday (December 17) than it did during the opening Test between India and Sri Lanka a month ago, it continued to reward pace bowlers. The medium pacer singlehandedly demolished Mumbai in the quarterfinal last week.
The reason for such chaos were the pacemen. Rajneesh Gurbani picked the other two wickets. There were various restrictions around the Maidan area, where the 25K event was flagged off and the Vidarbha players who were staying at the Taj Bengal - about 4km from Eden Gardens - had to bear the brunt."We were caught in a traffic jam resulting in the delay", a team official said, as Vidarbha players checked in at 8.45am and rushed through their warm-ups before the toss took place at 9.15am.The match which was to start at 9am finally began at 9.30.
The Vinay Kumar-led side, which thrashed Mumbai by an innings and 20 runs enroute to the semis, seems to be peaking at the right time in their quest for a ninth Ranji title and twice in five seasons. Along with Agarwal, Karnataka have R Samarth who has 643 runs at a healthy 64.30, and Shreyas Gopal who is fresh from a career- best 150 not out against Mumbai. However, Karnataka bowlers restricted Vidarbha to a mere score of 187.
OL : Fekir lâche un indice sur son avenir !
L'international tricolore peut donc aborder son avenir sereinement, sans forcément s'imaginer ailleurs la saison prochaine. Dans un entretien accordé à Téléfoot , le Lyonnais Nabil Fekir a donné ses préférences en cas de départ l'été prochain.
Gurbani accounted for the wickets of R. Samarth (6), and Nishal D (0) with handsome deliveries while Umesh got Mayank Agarwal (15 off 19; 3x4) leg before wicket bowling a probing line.
If Karnataka weren't in enough trouble at 21 for 2, Gurbani got a ball to jag in and uproot D Nischal's off stump for nought. Early stumps were taken due to bad light.
After Vinay Kumar and Binny had sent back the openers, Mithun, who had figures of 9-6-22-0 at the lunch break, got the scalps of Ganesh Satish (31) - thanks to a one-handed blinder down the leg side from Gautam, the wicketkeeper - and Apoorv Wankhede (1) in the 35th over. But, when he did return to the crease, he picked up three wickets in four deliveries - missing a hat-trick by one ball - to complete his 11th first-class fifer.
- Why David Silva misses Manchester City's clash against Tottenham
- Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City given fresh Virgil van Dijk encouragement
- Target launching same-day delivery for most stores in 2018
- Virat, Anushka can not avoid the media forever: Sania Mirza
- Now, Saudi Arabia Women Will Be Allowed To Drive Motorcycles, Trucks
- Intl Fcstone Inc. Has $2.83 Million Stake in Microsoft Corporation (MSFT)
- Is Buying Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) Here a Winning Strategy?
- Stocks with Gaining Volume: Nuance Communications, Inc. (NUAN)
- Google will not show news from sites hiding country of origin
- 'Venomous' threats made to Ofsted inspector who criticised faith schools