Hearts are now fifth in the league and they will not roll over for the reigning champions, even if they have not won any of their last 18 league games against today's opponents.
Ex-Rangers star Lafferty was given pelters by the travelling army of Hoops fans every time he touched the ball.
Sixteen-year-old Harry Cochrane opened the scoring at Tynecastle, Northern Ireland worldwide Kyle Lafferty added a superb second, and David Milinkovic made it three early in the second half before adding his second from the penalty spot.
The picture, shared by Hearts, was captioned: "All smiles from the big man!"
Since then, the Hoops had been flying, even breaking their own 100-year-old record when they took their winning run to 63 games - in a 4-0 win against the Saints last month.
Rajnath Singh accuses Cong, Siddaramaiah for trying to 'divide' society in Karnataka
On the other hand, 19-year-old fisherman Paresh Kamalakar Mesta had gone missing on December 6. But the Congress government has failed to ensure safety of people.
The third of the game came shortly after the break through French-Serbian forward Manuel Milinkovic.
It would be unfair, however, simply to target Celtic's centre-backs; this was an afternoon upon which nothing worked for Rodgers' side as their exhausted minds failed them as much as their legs.
Changes are absolutely necessary in midweek, and if his squad really is as stretched as it appears, Rodgers could not go far wrong to look to Hearts' example of using youngsters to bring some life back to the team.
However, by that time they could have a five-point gap to play with, as they host Partick Thistle in a rearranged fixture on Wednesday.
Certainly, this is a squad in dire need of an injection of energy.
- Neige et verglas sur les routes dès 300 mètres d'altitude — Rhône-Alpes
- Plusieurs morts dans l'attaque d'une église méthodiste — Pakistan
- Cold conditions prevail in Punjab and Haryana
- Man shot in leg after threatening staff with knife at…
- Deadline for linking Aadhar with mobile number extended until 31st March
- Why David Silva misses Manchester City's clash against Tottenham
- Google will not show news from sites hiding country of origin
- Intl Fcstone Inc. Has $2.83 Million Stake in Microsoft Corporation (MSFT)
- Is Buying Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) Here a Winning Strategy?
- LDC, Sergio Ramos redoute le PSG de Kylian Mbappé — Real Madrid