Further, it was hard for Google to get phone manufacturers to build this fairly expensive functionality into their products, and it only succeeded in getting the Tango platform running on a few gimmicky devices. Tango's technology wasn't entirely wasted however as Google turned its attention to a far more consumer friendly AR project called ARCore.
Project Tango was initially announced in 2014, which enables the smartphone or tablet powered by this hardware will feature the ability to generate 3D pictures and objects in the real-life 3d Space.
Biathlon - Mass start du Grand Bornand - Justine Braisaz remporte sa première victoire
Justine Braisaz peut fièrement se couvrir du drapeau tricolore sur la piste du Grand-Bornand. Et Justine, elle, n'a pas manqué l'occasion grâce à un nouveau 5/5 décisif.
Tango had a notable pedigree at Google, too: In 2012, it was the first graduate from Google X, the search giant's skunkworks program (now known simply as X). The company has said that it will drop the platform from March 1, 2018.
Tango finally came to market in 2016, as the flagship feature in the Lenovo Phab2 Pro smartphone.
"Google is continuing AR development with ARCore, a new platform designed for building augmented reality apps for a broad range of devices without the requirement for specialised hardware". Tango devices required a depth-sensing camera, IR projector, and a special motion-tracking camera.
Meanwhile, Google "ARCore" is now available for developers to experiment with. We got a glimpse of just what people will be able to do with ARCore with this week's Android Oreo 8.1 update, which added AR stickers to the Camera app on Google's Pixel phones. The later Asus Zenfone AR slimmed down the Tango hardware to allow for a more reasonable 5.7-inch display. Apart from support for Tango, there wasn't much to these devices.
- Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP) Stake Lowered by Lateef Investment Management LP
- Prince Harry and Meghan's big day to clash with FA Cup
- KBC Group NV Lowers Stake in Hanesbrands Inc. (NYSE:HBI)
- " A nous de nous mettre au niveau " — Mbappé
- The Danaher Corporation (NYSE:DHR) Stock Rating Lowered by BidaskClub
- Thales s'offre Gemalto — Sécurité digitale
- Accenture plc (ACN)'s Stock Is Buy After Achieving 52-Week High
- Un nigérien crie "Allah Akbar" et poignarde deux ressortissants danois — Gabon
- Sultan of Sokoto reacts to hijab ban, blasts Nigerian Law School
- Eagles at Giants: How they match up