Sergey Lavrov made the remarks at a session of the Russian Federation Council on Friday, Dec. 15, saying that the three countries will expand their energy ties regardless of the U.S. greedy policies and that they have also agreed on a way to fight terrorism in Syria.
"Of course, diplomats must evaluate the situation in the host country, report their assessments to the center, to the capital, but taking part in political life simply through gathering opposition activists and instructing them runs counter to the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations", the senior diplomat went on.
"Moscow, Ankara and Tehran do not 100 percent share the same goals in Syria".
He said that the three countries understand the need for victory over terrorism while preserving the territorial integrity of Syria and supporting the peaceful coexistence of all ethnic and religious groups in the country. "These common interests ensure consistent and effective activities on the Astana platform", he added.
Modi Announces New Central Schemes For Northeastern states
The prime minister said, in Shillong, he will inaugurate the Shillong-Nongstoin-Rongjeng-Tura Road. It is the first large hydropower project in the State.
Russia, Turkey and Iran are the guarantor states that brokered a cease-fire in Syria in December 2016, leading to the Astana peace talks.
Regarding dialogue with the U.S., Lavrov said Russian Federation is open to "constructive" joint work with Washington.
Moscow has no plans to act like Washington, who interferes in the domestic affairs of other states, triggers wars and conflicts claiming to be exporting democracy, Lavrov added.
- Jean-Louis Gasset bientôt numéro 1 — Saint-Etienne
- Doublé norvégien, les Français loin du compte — Val Gardena-Descente
- SAG Awards nominations revealed; here's who made the cut
- Who is Sen. Al Franken's replacement, Tina Smith?
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Crytek sues Star Citizen studios over use of CryEngine
- Beijing 2022 unveils Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games logos
- Sunny Leone rejected by Karnataka Government for New Year Party
- Linkin Park Release Live Performance Video for 'Sharp Edges'
- Sea lion assaults swimmer in San Francisco Bay