The analyst who provided this info to the Post also explained that they had been given some alternate phrases for some of the words. The aggrieved lulz of the boring.
Speaking on the condition of anonymity, a longtime CDC analyst could not recall a previous time when words were banned from documents because they were considered controversial. HHS also archived a page on federal services for LGBTQ people, the Post noted.
And just days after President Donald Trump's inauguration, Reuters reported that his administration told the Environmental Protection Agency to remove mentions of climate change from its website.
Alison Kelly - senior leader in CDC's Office of Financial Services - led the meeting, and did not have information as to why these particular words were banned.
L2 (J19) : Reims déroule contre Valenciennes et prend ses distances
Après sa large victoire de samedi après-midi contre Valenciennes (5-1), le leader rémois prend sept longueurs d'avance sur Nîmes. Les Valenciennois sont de leur côté 12e avec 25 points au classement de Ligue 2.
"To pretend and insist that transgender people do not exist, and to allow this lie to infect public health research and prevention is irrational and very unsafe", Mara Keisling, executive director of the National Center for Transgender Equality, said in a written statement. Are you kidding?' " the analyst told the Washington Post.
While some of the words have euphemisms (for no reason whatsoever), consider what that means: When scientists wants to propose research on how the Zika virus affects fetuses, or how they can prevent the spread of HIV among transgender people, they can't even accurately say what they're trying to work on.
"It was very much, 'Are you serious?"
The CDC and the Office of Management and Budget did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment.
The CDC analyst who leaked the information said: "In my experience, we've never had any push back from an ideological standpoint". "Our subject matter experts will not lay down quietly - this hasn't trickled down to them yet".
- Militant found dead in Tral
- Calais : la fresque hommage à Johnny Hallyday vandalisée
- West Ham players face massive pay-cuts if relegated
- Turkey, Russia, Iran back Syria's territorial integrity: Russian FM
- Vijay Diwas: Nirmala Sitharaman, General Bipin Rawat Pay Tributes To Soldiers
- Le PSG avec la MCN à Rennes
- California's First Recreational Marijuana Retail License Issued to San Diego Business
- Judd Apatow's 'Love' to End With Season 3 on Netflix
- Caught On Camera: Deputies pull horse from frozen pond
- Diplomatic engagement with North Korea needed to avoid catastrophe, Guterres says