The analyst who provided this info to the Post also explained that they had been given some alternate phrases for some of the words. The aggrieved lulz of the boring.
Speaking on the condition of anonymity, a longtime CDC analyst could not recall a previous time when words were banned from documents because they were considered controversial. HHS also archived a page on federal services for LGBTQ people, the Post noted.
And just days after President Donald Trump's inauguration, Reuters reported that his administration told the Environmental Protection Agency to remove mentions of climate change from its website.
Alison Kelly - senior leader in CDC's Office of Financial Services - led the meeting, and did not have information as to why these particular words were banned.
Sea lion assaults swimmer in San Francisco Bay
The swift actions by emergency crews contributed to the swimmer's life being saved, according to San Francisco Fire. He said seals and sea lions have bacteria called mycoplasma in their mouths that can cause serious infections.
"To pretend and insist that transgender people do not exist, and to allow this lie to infect public health research and prevention is irrational and very unsafe", Mara Keisling, executive director of the National Center for Transgender Equality, said in a written statement. Are you kidding?' " the analyst told the Washington Post.
While some of the words have euphemisms (for no reason whatsoever), consider what that means: When scientists wants to propose research on how the Zika virus affects fetuses, or how they can prevent the spread of HIV among transgender people, they can't even accurately say what they're trying to work on.
"It was very much, 'Are you serious?"
The CDC and the Office of Management and Budget did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment.
The CDC analyst who leaked the information said: "In my experience, we've never had any push back from an ideological standpoint". "Our subject matter experts will not lay down quietly - this hasn't trickled down to them yet".
- West Brom boss Alan Pardew: Liverpool point can be launching pad
- Militant found dead in Tral
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation expresses concern over Russian missile system
- EPS Forecast Revision Trends: Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI)
- L2 (J19) : Reims déroule contre Valenciennes et prend ses distances
- California's First Recreational Marijuana Retail License Issued to San Diego Business
- Turkey, Russia, Iran back Syria's territorial integrity: Russian FM
- La SNCF réagit: ACCIDENT MORTEL DE MILLAS
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Calais : la fresque hommage à Johnny Hallyday vandalisée