Pete Rose reportedly dropped his defamation lawsuit against attorney John Dowd on Friday.
In a statement issued by Rose's lawyer and Dowd's lawyer, the parties say they agreed "based on mutual consideration, to the dismissal with prejudice of Mr".
Rose had sued over Dowd's assertions in a 2015 radio interview that Rose had committed statutory rape decades earlier while playing for the Cincinnati Reds.
Salford home hearth: Man in court docket charged with homicide
No pleas were entered as the trio were further remanded in custody ahead of their next scheduled appearance on March 9. Two 16-year-old boys were also in the house when the blaze broke out but managed to escape before fire crews arrived.
Dowd is the same lawyer who headed Major League Baseball's probe into Rose's conduct which resulted in Rose, the league's all time leader in hits, being banned from baseball for life for gambling on the sport. "Rose's lawsuit against Mr. Dowd", Dowd's attorney, David Tobin, and Rose's attorney, Martin Garbus, said in a joint statement (via ABC News).
In the interview two years ago on WCHE-AM of West Chester, Pa., Dowd said a former associate of Rose, Michael Bertolini, "told us that not only did he run bets, but he ran young girls for him down in spring training, ages 12 to 14", adding, "Isn't that lovely?" Coincidentally, Dowd is now the chief lawyer for President Donald Trump's legal team for the Russian Federation investigation.
In July, Weinbaum reported a motion filed in Dowd's defense against Rose in the defamation case alleged "that Rose had a sexual relationship with the woman for several years in the 1970s, beginning before she turned 16".
- Zinke: I've fired four execs at Interior for you-know-what
- Doctor accused of spiking pregnant girlfriend's drink with abortion pill
- ABC Sets A Return Date For The 'Roseanne' Revival
- NASA Discovery Proves That Solar Systems Like Our Own Exist
- Eminem's pop-up in Detroit will serve 'mom's spaghetti'
- Apple Orders Space Drama From Ronald D. Moore
- Lin-Manuel Miranda announces new monthly Hamilton content
- Japan says N.Korea not interested in meaningful talks
- Renault Uses The Force On New Star Wars Edition ZOE
- Royals join bereaved families in London tower fire memorial