Pete Rose reportedly dropped his defamation lawsuit against attorney John Dowd on Friday.
In a statement issued by Rose's lawyer and Dowd's lawyer, the parties say they agreed "based on mutual consideration, to the dismissal with prejudice of Mr".
Rose had sued over Dowd's assertions in a 2015 radio interview that Rose had committed statutory rape decades earlier while playing for the Cincinnati Reds.
North Korea must 'earn its way back' to negotiations: Tillerson
During his address to the worldwide body, Tillerson called on both Russian Federation and China to do more to pressure the DPRK. China's helping, Russia's not helping.
Dowd is the same lawyer who headed Major League Baseball's probe into Rose's conduct which resulted in Rose, the league's all time leader in hits, being banned from baseball for life for gambling on the sport. "Rose's lawsuit against Mr. Dowd", Dowd's attorney, David Tobin, and Rose's attorney, Martin Garbus, said in a joint statement (via ABC News).
In the interview two years ago on WCHE-AM of West Chester, Pa., Dowd said a former associate of Rose, Michael Bertolini, "told us that not only did he run bets, but he ran young girls for him down in spring training, ages 12 to 14", adding, "Isn't that lovely?" Coincidentally, Dowd is now the chief lawyer for President Donald Trump's legal team for the Russian Federation investigation.
In July, Weinbaum reported a motion filed in Dowd's defense against Rose in the defamation case alleged "that Rose had a sexual relationship with the woman for several years in the 1970s, beginning before she turned 16".
- NYPD says it is reviewing rape claims against Russell Simmons
- Salford home hearth: Man in court docket charged with homicide
- Landon Collins: I guess Eli Apple don't remember things
- Renault Uses The Force On New Star Wars Edition ZOE
- Ryanair va négocier avec des syndicats de pilotes
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds gets 4K resolution on Xbox One X
- Zinke: I've fired four execs at Interior for you-know-what
- Church politicking provision stripped from GOP tax plan
- ABC Sets A Return Date For The 'Roseanne' Revival
- ABC Fires Mario Batali from THE CHEW Amid Sexual Assault Allegations