A Virginia woman was mauled to death by her own pit bulls Thursday while out for a walk with them in her Goochland County neighborhood, authorities said.
A man who worked with Stephens at a dog-training facility told WTVR that she was experienced working with animals and loved her dogs.
The woman's father called 911 shortly after 8 p.m. on Thursday, after discovering his daughter's body in the woods.
It took eight hours for deputies to collect over 60 pieces of evidence spread across the bloodied scene, including pieces of clothing, Richmond.com reported.
While the investigation was considered ongoing, Agnew said there were no strangulation marks on Stephens' body and this was not a homicide.
"It appeared the attack was a violent attack initiated by the victims' dogs while the victim was out for a walk with the dogs", Sheriff Agnew said the Medical Examiner's initial report indicated.
Corée du Nord: Tillerson plaide pour des lignes de communication "ouvertes"
Ces sanctions, en place depuis 2006, ont été renforcées pour la dernière fois en septembre dernier, après un sixième essai nucléaire nord-coréen.
"The victim had defensive wounds on her hands and arms trying to keep the dogs away from her, which would be consistent with being attacked while she was still alive", Agnew told the TV station.
Bethany Lynn Stephens, Jan. 28, 2017.
It seems that the first traumatic injury she suffered was to her was to her throat and face, Agnew said. "I can't tell you if it was a blunt force or if it was a mauling, but I know those dogs didn't do it", Barbara Norris said.
The dogs are with Goochland Animal Control and the sheriff's office will pursue euthanization. "In my almost 40 years in law enforcement, I've never seen anything quite like it", he said. "I hope I never see anything like it again", he said.
Please share this article to show your support for the The Epoch Times.
- Ridgefield's Tucker West named to US Olympic luge team
- Jérusalem, Urvoas, Notre-Dame-des-Landes : l'essentiel de l'actu de ce mercredi
- Real Madrid drop huge hint over Mohamed Salah transfer
- Florida soccer coach charged after allegedly running away with teen girl
- Analytical Preview of Energy Transfer Partners, LP (NYSE:ETP)
- Federation Internationale de Football Association watchdog bans Brazilian soccer chief Del Nero for 90 days
- Météo: un temps perturbé sur une majeure partie du pays
- Mauricio Pochettino Reveals Toby Alderweireld Absence Until February
- Oblak toujours suivi — Mercato PSG
- White House undercuts Tillerson on North