"We are planting a special piece of our company's future in one of the city's great neighborhoods, because we believe in Detroit, its people and what we can build together". Ford said that two of the tenant's, Buhl Sport Detroit and Brothers Tuning Detroit, will remain headquartered in Corktown just now as Ford Land tenants.
Ford is bringing its electric and autonomous vehicle business and strategy teams home to MI to help make the motor city a technological hub once again.
Ford recently chose its Flat Rock manufacturing facility to become its autonomous vehicle production hub, and this most recent announcement further signifies that Ford is betting big on its hometown as being the tip of the spear for self-driving auto development, though these developments won't affect the company's presence in Silicon Valley.
The EV and AV business and strategy team, or Team Edison, will continue its work in the three-floor, 110-year-old historic brick building, CEO Jim Hackett and Executive Chairman Bill Ford announced at an event in the former factory in Detroit's Corktown neighborhood, which gets its name from immigrants from County Cork, Ireland, who settled there.
220+ Ford employees to move offices to The Factory in Corktown
"As a byproduct of living and working in a bustling city neighborhood, employees will develop intimate knowledge of the opportunities and challenges that come with getting around in an urban environment", Marakby writes in the post.
"After all, unlocking the true potential of self-driving technology requires asking questions that go well beyond vehicle mechanics".
Ford had previously announced plans to shift production of its Focus cars to China from Mexico. That's in addition to the $700 million the company said in January it would invest.
Rep. Bobby Scott denies sexual harassment allegation
A woman who works for a conservative Washington lobbyist and radio show host accused Rep. Scott has been a strong progressive representing VA-03 for years.
- Delta Places Order for 100 A321neo ACF Airliners
- Pregnant woman, child critical after Hwy. 403 crash
- Hollywood Actresses to wear black at Golden Globes to protest sexual harassment
- Needs Attention On Volume Growth Factors: Eli Lilly and Company (LLY)
- Matt Moore Reportedly Traded to Rangers from Giants for Prospects
- Russia's Channel One Will Broadcast Olympics, Despite Team's Ban
- Procter & Gamble appoints Nelson Peltz to board
- Federal Bureau of Investigation agent, police officer involved in fatal shooting of man in Yonkers
- Zanzibar beat Uganda to reach CECAFA finals
- Glittering start to World Telugu Conference