Kassim Majaliwa, the east African country's Prime Minister, made the appeal when he led hundreds of mourners in paying their last respects to the slain Tanzanian soldiers at the headquarters of the Ministry of Defence and National Service in the commercial capital Dar es Salaam.
At least 14 peacekeepers were killed when a UN Stabilization Mission (MONUSCO) Company Operating Base at Semuliki in Beni territory, in DRC's restive eastern North Kivu province, was attacked by suspected Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) elements.
The event was attended by the UN's top peacekeeping official, Jean-Pierre Lacroix.
Nuclear war 'IMMINENT' as Trump plans 'dangerous' North Korea blockade
Such a delay, while only a gesture, may be enough for North Korea to reciprocate with a temporary freeze on its nuclear program. Kim's regime plans to continue developing its nuclear program until it achieves a deterrent capability, the person said.
Defence Minister Hussein Mwinyi said the deceased soldiers have left a gap that will be hard to fill in and called upon the soldiers to unite and love each other following the incident.
The head of United Nations peacekeeping operations today thanked individually peacekeepers who fought to hold off an attack on 7 December in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
"They knew that these armed groups that are preying on the population have no qualms about attacking United Nations peacekeepers and yet they placed their lives on the lines to serve the people of this region and of the DRC", he added. Secretary-General António Guterres has said that the attack constitutes a war crime.
- Should Puerto Rico become a USA state?
- Facebook Will Start Showing You More Videos (And Ads)
- Trump slams 'fabricated stories' of his women accusers
- More Than 116000 Apply to UC San Diego for Fall 2018
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) Position Reduced by Advisory Services Network LLC
- 'Triton' Malware Attacks Industrial Safety Systems
- Holiday Travelers Expected to Set Another New Record, AAA Says
- Former clerk claims 9th circuit judge showed her porn
- Penn State Women's Volleyball Falls to Nebraska in NCAA Semifinals
- Pat Quinn: net neutrality vote 'hurts everyone in Illinois'