The Egypt worldwide followed in the footsteps of Drogba by winning the African footballer of the year award earlier this week ahead of competition from Sadio Mane, Naby Keita, Victor Moses and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
The Merseyside club also set a record for goals scored by a Premier League club in the Champions League group stage after finding the back of the net 23 times in six games.
In paying homage to those triumphs, World Cup victor and all-time great Pele posted on Twitter: "Parabéns [Congratulations], @22MoSalah!"
Briton among four jailed in Singapore over fake Ed Sheeran concert tickets
A case related to using a different type of forged pass is pending against a second Brit, Luke McKay, 49. Keane was detained by security staff when he tried to take another three people in.
Liverpool will pay Roma an extra £1.3m for forward Mohamed Salah once he reaches 20 goals for the campaign, according to a report.
His talismanic displays have not been restricted to domestic competition either, with a match-winning brace against Congo - including a last-gasp penalty - carrying Egypt to the 2018 World Cup and a first appearance on that global stage in 28 years.
"I am very happy to win this award", Salah told BBC Sport.
"I want to be the best Egyptian ever so I work hard".
- Suspect in road rage attack charged, remains at large
- Star Wars : Les Derniers Jedi va être diffusé dans l'Espace
- Barcelona star Andres Iniesta makes big Neymar transfer claim
- Eversource Threatens To Sue Environmental Group Over Price Report
- Thierry Champion nouvel entraîneur des Bleues, Mary Pierce s'en va — Fed Cup
- Captain Tsubasa (Olive et Tom) revient en Anime en 2018
- Imagine Dragons set for New Year's Rockin' Eve in New Orleans
- PS4 Update 5.03 Patch Notes Confirm Firmware Changes
- Shares in Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ:ZBRA) Purchased by Barings LLC
- Un jeune d'Acquigny tabassé pour une " dette de stupéfiants "