The Egypt worldwide followed in the footsteps of Drogba by winning the African footballer of the year award earlier this week ahead of competition from Sadio Mane, Naby Keita, Victor Moses and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
The Merseyside club also set a record for goals scored by a Premier League club in the Champions League group stage after finding the back of the net 23 times in six games.
In paying homage to those triumphs, World Cup victor and all-time great Pele posted on Twitter: "Parabéns [Congratulations], @22MoSalah!"
Barcelona star Andres Iniesta makes big Neymar transfer claim
Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta revealed on Wednesday that he does not want to see his former teammate, Neymar Jr Da Silva, wearing the Real Madrid jersey.
Liverpool will pay Roma an extra £1.3m for forward Mohamed Salah once he reaches 20 goals for the campaign, according to a report.
His talismanic displays have not been restricted to domestic competition either, with a match-winning brace against Congo - including a last-gasp penalty - carrying Egypt to the 2018 World Cup and a first appearance on that global stage in 28 years.
"I am very happy to win this award", Salah told BBC Sport.
"I want to be the best Egyptian ever so I work hard".
- LG Refreshes 'All Day Battery' Gram Laptops for 2018
- Infant born with heart outside chest wins battle against death
- Puel returns to help Leicester banish Saints
- La contraception hormonale augmenterait bien le risque — Cancer du sein
- US Rep. Mo Brooks has prostate cancer, will have surgery
- Briton among four jailed in Singapore over fake Ed Sheeran concert tickets
- TENAA revealed the appearance of smartphone Nokia 6 (2018)
- Eversource Threatens To Sue Environmental Group Over Price Report
- Un jeune d'Acquigny tabassé pour une " dette de stupéfiants "
- Imagine Dragons set for New Year's Rockin' Eve in New Orleans