The Indian cricket team is set to get a whopping pay hike as the BCCI is planning to double the salaries of top worldwide players for the coming season. The Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA), headed by Vinod Rai, is trying to come up with a formula that will add Rs 200cr to the present sum of Rs 180cr, and will be effective from next season.The formula is to be presented to the BCCI's general body, and then only a final decision would be taken. The new formula will be discussed with the men who matter, coach Ravi Shastri and captain Virat Kohli.
The top players saw their annual basic deals doubled to 3,00,000 United States dollars this year, but have demanded more after observing the increased revenues of the BCCI in connection with the Indian Premier League between 2018 and 2023. Earlier in the day, Times of India quoted a source close to COA saying, "Senior cricketers are certainly going to get a 100% raise and even domestic players would get the same percentage increase".
As per reports, the players have been demanding a hike in their salaries since the BCCI's revenue has increased following the recent Dollars 2.5 billion Indian Premier League (IPL) broadcast deal with Star India.
Bigg Boss 11: Captaincy task cancelled due to Arshi and Shilpa's fight
As an alarm ring, the Vikash goes to the hit and says that he was really good and that he was proud of them. Kishwer opined that Hina is scared that she would be left alone if she had reacted to other's comments.
Virat Kohli, who played 46 matches for India in 2017 earned Rs. 5.51 crore and if the changes go through, he looks set to earn more than Rs. 10 crore. "Since, these cricketers are the reason for BCCI's revenues, can't the board afford another Rs 200 crore for their salaries?" a top board said. While a Ranji cricketer, who now makes between Rs. 12 and 15 lakh per year could earn up to Rs. 30 lakh.
Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly also spoke about the need for increase in salary for domestic cricketers.
But the new formula, which won't ear into the BCCI state units will a dramatic increase in salary for domestic and worldwide cricketers. Along with them, domestic cricketers will also witness a jump in their remunerations.
- Val Gardena : Ferstl coiffe les favoris sur le Super-G
- 93yo Florida woman handcuffed, jailed after eviction days before birthday
- Pelicans 115, Bucks 108
- FCA issues warning to bitcoin buyers
- Two Prominent ESPN Personalities Accused of Sexual Harassment and Inappropriate Behavior
- Jack Wilshere contract talks will start at end of December - Arsene Wenger
- Are Traders Shorting Express Scripts Holding Company (NASDAQ:ESRX) Shares?
- 'Serious problem' with Luiz's knee - Conte
- 4-star QB Matt Corral flips commitment to Ole Miss from Florida
- Pays-Bas : Deux morts et trois blessés dans des attaques à couteau