Prime Minister Narendra Modi will formally dedicate the 60 MW Tuirial Hydro Electric Power Project (HEPP) in Mizoram to the nation on Saturday. "The Prime Minister will also launch "MyDoNER App" and will distribute cheques to the Start-up Entrepreneurs in Aizawl tomorrow, 16th December, 2017", the power ministry said in a statement.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) had cleared the project for implementation in July 1998 with commissioning scheduled for July 2006. After completion of about 30 per cent of the project activities, the works were totally suspended in June 2004 due to local agitation. Built at a cost of Rs 1,302 crore, the project is expected to make Mizoram the third power surplus state in the North-east after Sikkim and Tripura.
Oracle Corporation (ORCL) Shares Bought by Sentry Investment Management LLC
Fourteen investment analysts have rated the stock with a hold rating and twenty-eight have assigned a buy rating to the company. Moreover, Deroy Devereaux Private Investment Counsel has 0.03% invested in Oracle Corporation (NYSE: ORCL ) for 4,400 shares.
Work on the project resumed in January 2011.
Due to the remote location of the project, the gestation period for the project prolonged apart from the challenge inadequate communication infrastructure, a massive failure of the Power House slopes due to poor soil condition and lack of availability of skilled manpower. It is the biggest power project in Mizoram and will feed the entire energy to be generated to the state, which will help it achieve the Centre's ambitious and flagship Mission "24x7 Affordable Clean Power for All". The State's current power demand is 87 MW and this is being met by the mini power projects and Central sector projects. Unit-I of the project was commissioned on August 25 this year, and Unit-II on November 28. Apart from attaining self-sufficiency in electric power, the project will fetch other spin-off benefits to Mizoram like employment generation, navigation, water supply, pisciculture and wild life conservation, tourism etc.
- LG targets 'full day' battery life with refreshed Gram laptops
- Appeal for witnesses over death of Irishman in London
- PSG : Unai Emery s'est fait voler … ses plans pour le Mercato !
- Winderman's view: Blazers have the closers on a night Heat don't
- SpaceX : succès avec la première fusée recyclée pour la Nasa
- Suspect In Charlottesville Car Attack Faces Life In Prison
- "2018 Might Not Be Quite So Happy For OPEC Producers" — IEA
- Dramatic Images: Explosion at Port Authority During Rush Hour
- Scott Mills named president of BET Networks
- Akayed Ullah hears charges in NYC subway bombing from hospital bed