Prime Minister Narendra Modi will formally dedicate the 60 MW Tuirial Hydro Electric Power Project (HEPP) in Mizoram to the nation on Saturday. "The Prime Minister will also launch "MyDoNER App" and will distribute cheques to the Start-up Entrepreneurs in Aizawl tomorrow, 16th December, 2017", the power ministry said in a statement.
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) had cleared the project for implementation in July 1998 with commissioning scheduled for July 2006. After completion of about 30 per cent of the project activities, the works were totally suspended in June 2004 due to local agitation. Built at a cost of Rs 1,302 crore, the project is expected to make Mizoram the third power surplus state in the North-east after Sikkim and Tripura.
"2018 Might Not Be Quite So Happy For OPEC Producers" — IEA
As a result of e-commerce in London and New York stock exchanges, the oil prices are growing, Gazeta.ru reports. OPEC boosted estimates for U.S. crude production this week and now sees an expansion of 720,000 bpd next year.
Work on the project resumed in January 2011.
Due to the remote location of the project, the gestation period for the project prolonged apart from the challenge inadequate communication infrastructure, a massive failure of the Power House slopes due to poor soil condition and lack of availability of skilled manpower. It is the biggest power project in Mizoram and will feed the entire energy to be generated to the state, which will help it achieve the Centre's ambitious and flagship Mission "24x7 Affordable Clean Power for All". The State's current power demand is 87 MW and this is being met by the mini power projects and Central sector projects. Unit-I of the project was commissioned on August 25 this year, and Unit-II on November 28. Apart from attaining self-sufficiency in electric power, the project will fetch other spin-off benefits to Mizoram like employment generation, navigation, water supply, pisciculture and wild life conservation, tourism etc.
- Le pétrole termine en hausse à New York
- Fourcade encore battu, les Bleus en force — Sprint
- Elon Musk Hyperloop May Have Terminus Near Camden Yards
- Appeal for witnesses over death of Irishman in London
- German teen ISIS bride reunites with her mom before trial
- Akayed Ullah hears charges in NYC subway bombing from hospital bed
- Met Office warns of icy roads for most parts of Wales
- Une candidate morte après une soirée échangiste — Top Model Belgium
- Le LOSC et Bielsa, c'est bel et bien fini (officiel)
- LG targets 'full day' battery life with refreshed Gram laptops