Jack Wilshere must be feeling frustrated that he hasn't yet been approached by Arsene Wenger to discuss a new contract extension, despite there only being six months left on the Englishman's contract, but Jack finally got his first outing with the Premier League side against West Ham, and he should be expecting a long run in the first team now that Aaron Ramsey is out injured for the next three weeks.
With Mustafi and Per Mertesacker not featuring against West Ham United in midweek, Wenger was forced to revert to a back four and he has hinted that Saturday's encounter with Newcastle United may come too soon for the German global.
Wilshere's contract with the club expires at the end of the season, with recent reports claiming that the midfielder is considering an exit in January.
The Gunners are without a win in three league games and were held to a frustrating 0-0 draw by West Ham United on Wednesday night.
Hugh Jackman is The Greatest Showman of James Corden's Crosswalk Theater
The Greatest Showman is a bold and original musical that celebrates the birth of show business and the sense of wonder we feel when dreams come to life.
"No, there's no update on the contract - we're in the same position as we were two weeks ago".
Speaking at a press conference ahead of the Gunners' home clash against Newcastle, Wenger said: "I will talk to him at the end of December but I wanted to see how much he can contribute and how he will last physically".
"We play again on Tuesday, so we have four games in basically nine days so I have to assess. When it's the right time to talk about it, I'm sure the boss will call me and we'll have a chat". We'll see today in training, but we have no basic problem. I'm happy about that.
Wenger singled Wilshere out for praise after a bright performance at London Stadium, but the 25-year-old felt he could have scored a decisive goal for his side, who sit seventh in the Premier League.
- Lady Wiggins sorry for Froome insult
- Google Flights wants to help you plan cheaper holidays
- Pays-Bas : Deux morts et trois blessés dans des attaques à couteau
- Could drinking tea really be linked to a lower risk of glaucoma?
- Egypt to sign deal to help resumption of Russian flights
- Eminem's "Revival" Leak: Internet Has Mixed Reactions
- Narendra Modi Cabinet clears Bill banning instant triple talaq
- Trump Thanks Putin for Remarks on Strong US Economy
- Meghan et Harry se marient le 19 mai
- China tells Australia off over South China Sea stance