She explained that the essence of the roadshow is to ensure that the people or organisations who will invest in the Green Bond have some understanding of what the project is about.
Abubakar said the Green Bond project have 5 priority areas that requires funding.
Also speaking, a representative of the Department of Climate Change, Federal Ministry of Finance, Hajiya Halima Abubakar, explained that Nigeria is prone to coastal environmental hazards which was part of reasons President Buhari signed the Paris Agreement.
Bwari said that the ministry chose to issue the Green Bond as alternative source of funding because of the huge capital outlay required to finance the nation's renewable energy projects.
16-Year-Old Louisiana Student Ayrton Little Accepted Into Harvard
Reuters/Eric MillerJeremy Lin smiles during player introductions before the start of the Knicks' NBA basketball game. A 16-year-old from Opelousas had the best reaction to making it into Harvard and it quickly went viral.
The Green Bond is being issued following Nigeria's endorsement of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change on September 21, 2016.
She said government will use the money for specific projects classified as green.
Oniha said that the bonds would be used to finance three renewable energy projects, which were Renewable Energy Micro-Utilities Programme, Re-energising Education Programme and Afforestation Programme.
Stakeholders that participated in the forum include Pension Funds Administrators (PFAs), Federal Ministry of Finance, Inter-ministerial Committee on Climate Change and Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
The offer is expected to close on December 20, Lanre Buluro, director of sales at Chapel Hill Denham, the financial adviser for the Green Bond issue, told Bloomberg on Thursday.
- Alibaba will soon begin selling cars using these huge vending machines
- Read to miss up to four months with back problem
- Case challenging death sentence referred to High Court
- Is Taylor Swift's boyfriend Joe Alwyn joining her on tour?
- Germany Christmas-Tree-Flight
- Former clerk claims 9th circuit judge showed her porn
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) Position Reduced by Advisory Services Network LLC
- Penn State Women's Volleyball Falls to Nebraska in NCAA Semifinals
- Cisco Systems (CSCO) Rating Reiterated by Sanford C. Bernstein
- New York Knicks 111-104 Brooklyn Nets: Three Takeaways