Real Madrid were left incensed by the Video Assistant Referee as the Spaniards struggled past Al Jazira at the Club World Cup.
Real Madrid will play against Brazil's Gremio at the final on December 16 at Zayed Sports City Stadium, Abu Dhabi.
Madrid had two goals disallowed - one for a push by Cristiano Ronaldo and the second for offside against Karim Benzema, a decision arrived at via VAR.
Real Madrid failed to equalize the score before the half time to end the first half 1-0. "It's been a long wait, I've had to be patient". "It's a shame that he has been injured, because he is very important for the team".
Madrid are two-time winners of the Club World Cup and Ronaldo talked up the importance of the competition for the European and Spanish champions.
Canada greenlights weapons sale to Ukraine
Companies and individuals must seek permission from the foreign affairs minister before exporting a prohibited item to one of the countries on the list.
Madrid, which fielded its top players, was in control from the start but made a series of mistakes in front of goal and couldn't capitalize on its numerous chances.
The match began in a dramatic style as the hosts Al Jazira managed to keep a clean slate till the 31st minute.
"It's hard to explain the game, all I can say is that we deserved to win and reach the final", Real coach Zinedine Zidane told reporters.
But Ronaldo scored a superb goal to restore parity in the 53rd minute.
Al Jazira took the lead with their first attack as a slip from Casemiro allowed his compatriot Romarinho enter the area and produce a classy low finish beyond shell-shocked Madrid goalkeeper Keylor Navas.
- FRDI Bill 2017: Bank union contemplates strike if Centre proceeds with it
- Queensland police python photo gains internet fame
- Lafayette attorney claims record $191.1 million jackpot on behalf of family partnership
- Veterans cemeteries to receive Christmas wreaths
- All Blacks skipper Kieran Read suffers injury setback, to have back surgery
- Matt Damon Asks for Prayers While Announcing His Father's Really Sick
- La 'tax reform' se rapproche, la FED rassure — Wall Street
- 'Coin Crusader' Donates To Red Kettle Campaign Again
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE) Expected to Announce Quarterly Sales of $4.07 Billion
- 'Die Hard', 'Titanic', 'Memento', 'Superman' and More Added to National Film Registry