Despite recent bullish reports in connection with largely positive economic forecasts for 2018, the Fed continues to take a conservative approach to monetary policy.
However, in an unexpected development two members of the Federal Open Market Committee, Charles Evans and Neel Kashkari voted against that move, saying they preferred to keep rates unchanged.
In the U.S. Congress, Republican leaders say they are closer to securing a deal which will enable the speedy passage of a reformed tax package, suggesting a reduction in the corporate tax rate from 35% to 21% is likely, while the top rate of individual federal income tax would barely change. This includes the FOMC rate announcement and statement, where the market expects the Fed to hike rates and also provide guidance on future rate hikes in 2018. The immediate reasons are these: The Fed's forecast and statement accompanying the rate hike were peaceful. The German 10-year yield today is 0.317 percent, and Japan's 0.049 percent. G.
On shorter time horizons, in its policy statement the U.S. monetary authority reiterated that near-term risks to the economic outlook "appeared roughly balanced" and that the committee would continue to carefully monitor how inflation behaved relative to its "symmetric" goal for price stability.
Bayern Munich ganó en casa al Colonia y sigue puntero
Vencieron por 1-0 al Colonia , con el tanto de Robert Lewandowski (60′). Bayern Múnich sigue tomando ventaja en el liderato de la Bundesliga .
Unemployment rate projections fro 2018 and 2019 are lowered to 3.9%, down from 4.1%.
It was the third rate hike of the year.
Inflation forecasts are kept unchanged. "We wish Jay Powell the best of luck; he's going to need it".
- Jobs growth hit two year high in November
- Grenfell fire fundraiser shortlisted for $1m global teacher prize
- L'avocat de Salah Abdeslam demande le report du procès en Belgique
- Ce que les Français en attendent — Matignon à Cahors
- Art Rock. Marquis de Sade s'annonce le vendredi
- Altria Group, Inc. (MO), NiSource Inc. (NI)
- Aadhaar Mandatory Linking: SC's To Hear Case Today
- U.S. to present evidence Iran is providing Houthis with missiles
- Microsoft launches Azure Stack for India
- Investigation into Highway 3 fatal collision continues