A new patent that was granted to the South Korea tech giant is apparently suggesting that the company could be working on a smartphone with double-sided display. However, the idea of wrapping the display around one side of the phone is an option that Samsung has been considering.
The patent application, a sample from which you can see above, pertains to a smartphone with a display that would wrap around the side of the phone and cover part of the rear.
It's a similar setup to what Meizu recently delivered with the Meizu Pro 7 Plus, though that device had a completely separate rear display, while Samsung's would feature a single screen (whether that would be an advantage or disadvantage we can't say). The Chinese manufacturer launched the series this past July, and its first offering features a secondary display that's located at the back of the handset. Samsung has hundreds of patents and only a handful become actual products.
Samsung Working On New 'Double-Sided' Display Smartphone
LetsGoDigital is the one, who has reported about Samsung Display patent application. The novel design of a Galaxy Note 9 wraparound display would certainly provide a new release with something that it needs to capture the attention of a finicky market.
As detailed in the sketches from the application, the design employs a standard form factor and presents a two-sided display that wraps around the right edge of the phone. This new technology could also be an evolution of "Edge" technology, which could also lend itself to a release with a Galaxy S line phone.
Si me encuentran culpable, no quiero ser candidato — Lula
El apartamento, sin embargo, no llegó a estar a su nombre. Por eso voy a pelear hasta las últimas consecuencias. Sería una liviandad presentarme si me culpan.
- NWS issues Lake Effect Snow Warning
- Price Target Watch: Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ:EXPE)
- Bayern Munich ganó en casa al Colonia y sigue puntero
- Dwayne Johnson On Expecting Third Girl: 'Bring on the Estrogen!'
- Rahul Gandhi slams PM Narendra Modi for attacking Manmohan Singh
- Un homme en fuite après avoir poignardé sa compagne enceinte — Aube
- More chances for snow this week in Northern Virginia
- Cipher Capital LP Decreases Position in CDK Global, Inc. (NASDAQ:CDK)
- L'Union européenne prône toujours une solution à deux Etats — Conflit israélo-palestinien
- Connected cars could report potholes to Highways England