Grimes has been offered the offensive coordinator position at BYU.
Prior to joining the LSU staff for the 2014 season, Grimes previously coached offensive line at Virginia Tech, Auburn, Colorado, BYU, Arizona State, Boise State and Hardin-Simmons.
The other offensive coaches are running backs coach Reno Mahe, offensive line coach Mike Empey, receivers coach Ben Cahoon and tight ends coach Steve Clark.
Football Scoop reported Wednesday night that the LSU coach, who had the same role with the Cougars from 2004-06, will be hired. This will be Grimes first time serving as offensive coordinator at the collegiate level.
Footballscoop.com, which specializes in coaching news, also reported that BYU is expected to make another addition to the staff along with Grimes.
Stock Jumping Abnormally High: MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM)
Investors of record on Monday, December 11th will be issued a $0.11 dividend. 22 funds opened positions while 60 raised stakes. Panagora Asset Mngmt Inc, Massachusetts-based fund reported 421,255 shares. 406,373 are owned by State Of Wisconsin Inv Board.
Grimes will remain with the Tigers through the Citrus Bowl against Notre Dame on January 1, a source confirmed.
Grimes, 49, earns an annual salary at LSU of $550,000.
Also, three junior starters on the offensive line - center Will Clapp, guard Garrett Brumfield, tackle Toby Weathersby - are draft-eligible. BYU fired offensive coordinator and former quarterback Ty Detmer after the season.
Grimes has led something of a resurgence on the offensive line.
Grimes leaves for LSU's season-opening opponent this past season. In a stretch of seven years, from 2007-13, LSU had just two offensive linemen drafted - a startling number that caused a coaching change, many believe.
- Renault Zoe (2017) : la série limitée Star Wars !
- Un homme en fuite après avoir poignardé sa compagne enceinte — Aube
- Laredo Petroleum, Inc. (LPI) added to 19 new portfolios
- Cipher Capital LP Decreases Position in CDK Global, Inc. (NASDAQ:CDK)
- Victor Oladipo rightfully refutes asinine Paul George comparisons
- Lone Star exits Jurys Inn in €900m trade sale to Sweden's Pandox
- L'Union européenne prône toujours une solution à deux Etats — Conflit israélo-palestinien
- California wind, and fire danger, hits unprecedented high
- Price Target Watch: Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ:EXPE)
- Today's Brokerage Rating: Time Inc. (TIME), Express Scripts Holding Company (ESRX)