Jose Mourinho has told MUTV he does not know if Marcos Rojo can face Bournemouth in the Premier League, due to the head wound the defender received in the Manchester derby. Have your say in the comments section below.
But the City boss, whose side moved 11 points clear at the top of the Premier League with the victory, insisted their celebrations were nothing extraordinary. Asked whether he thought the problem had risen because City believed it was appropriate to celebrate in that manner, while he did not, Mourinho answered: "Yes, exactly".
So apparently this was the freaky reason behind the insane scenes which reportedly saw Jose Mourinho storm into the City dressing room feeling as though his team had been "disrespected".
An already feverish atmosphere threatened to boil over on the pitch in the closing minutes when United midfielder Ander Herrera was booked for diving in the box after a tackle by City defender Nicolas Otamendi.
Guardiola also denied that City had provoked the melee.
- Daniel Taylor (@DTguardian) December 12, 2017Mourinho on City's post match celebrations/derby tunnel fracas: "The only thing I can say is that for me it was just a question of diversity, a diversity in behaviours, diversity in education, just that and nothing more than that". "Today as well. Yesterday, he spoke about the referee", Guardiola said, as quoted by AS. It missed the United manager but hit the wall behind him and split. "When you lose a match, in the next one you have that little bit extra to give".
It's not the first time there's been a big food-fight in Old Trafford.
Doubling down on his self confidence in the matter, the Man City boss also revealed he was the one who called for the celebrations after the game.
"When United win they celebrate, when Arsenal win against United they celebrate, when Arsenal win the FA Cup last season they celebrate". People have to understand that we were happy. I think all the teams around the world, when they win a derby they are so happy.
- Twitch partners with NBA's G League to livestream games
- Eversource Threatens To Sue Environmental Group Over Price Report
- Pokémon Crystal Joins Gold and Silver On 3DS Next Year
- Les Z'Amours : Tex viré après sa blague sexiste, France 2 s'explique !
- $0.17 EPS Expected for Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI)
- Infant born with heart outside chest wins battle against death
- La perpétuité pour 12 miliciens violeurs — RDC
- Turkey Summons US FBI Agent Over Testimony In Iran Sanctions Case
- Lleyton Hewitt to come out of retirement at Australian Open
- Top North Korean officials 'punished for taking bribes'