Canadian worldwide Arfield, who replaced the injured Robbie Brady, slotted the ball across the keeper at the end of the first half, after the visitors had been reduced to ten men following Marvin Zeegelaar's red card for a two-footed lunge on Steven Defour.
Silva said: "It's clear the red card was a harsh, harsh decision by the referee".
Arfield struck moments before the half-time whistle and, despite a spirited showing after the break, Marco Silva's men were unable to get back into the game. It has a big, big influence.
"We started strong but after came the decision".
"With 10 men we showed commitment and fighting spirit but we were unlucky we didn't get the goal".
Theresa May: Optimism growing around Brexit after deal
Last week's deal on the first phase of Brexit was good news for anxious people on both sides of the argument, Theresa May has told MPs.
Arfield isn't dwelling on the result but thinks "it was important to keep the momentum going" especially after the "stumble last week".
And unlike Silva, Dyche claims to have no doubts over Probert's decision.
Kevin Long also filled in at the back for the sidelined Ben Mee in his first start of the season, and Dyche was very complimentary about his performance as well. I saw the pictures again and it did not look like a red card to me.
"But it's odd when the opposition go a man down because you're then in a fight where everyone expects you to win. We had a big chance early on with Troy [Deeney] and through Richarlison".
"The pride I have in the people who are not playing (regularly) here is vast", he told the club's official website.
"I'm super-pleased for the team because it's not easy to win in the Premier League and this is another win".
- Donald Trump veut renvoyer des astronautes américains sur la Lune
- The Rock Is Having Another Baby!!! See The Adorable Announcement!
- May says lasts week's Brexit deal was 'good news'
- Star Wars Spinoff 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' Production Start Date Revealed
- Daredevil Scribe Lauren Schmidt Hissrich is The Showrunner of Netflix's The Witcher
- Nuclear weapons: In conversation with ICAN
- Zurich to Buy ANZ's Australian Life Insurance Business
- La Bourse de Tokyo ouvre en légère hausse (Nikkei +0,36%)
- Raelene Castle named Rugby Australia's first female chief excutive
- California wildfires now larger than New York City and Boston combined