Kirsten Gillibrand on Monday urged President Trump to step down over the "credible" and "numerous" allegations of sexual harassment against him, joining a fellow Democratic senator who made a similar plea on Sunday.
The Democrat told CNN Monday that the accusations are numerous and credible.
If he does not "immediately resign", she said, Congress "should have appropriate investigations of his behaviour and hold him accountable".
She also recently said that President Bill Clinton should have resigned in the wake of the Monica Lewinsky scandal - a stance that place considerable distance between her and the Clintons, who were among Gillibrand's patrons early in her political career. Cory Booker of New Jersey and Sen.
Trump Should Resign Over Accusations of Sexual Misconduct - US Senator
Monday morning NBC News' Megyn Kelly interviewed three of Trump's accusers, prompting reporters Monday afternoon to press Sarah Huckabee Sanders on the allegations of sexual assault against the president. Further, Gillibrand's remarks came one day after Trump's appointee to the United Nations, Ambassador Nikki Haley, said the women accusing Trump "should be heard".
At least 13 women came forward with such accusations against Trump during the 2016 presidential campaign, and three of them held a press conference in NY on Monday to bring new attention to the issue.
"Whether he will ever hold himself accountable is something you really can't hold your breath for, so Congress should have hearings", Gillibrand continued.
During Trump's election campaign, at least 15 women accused him of sexual harassment, with some of the cases dating back decades. If @realDonaldTrump won't resign, Congress must investigate allegations by many, many women that he sexually assaulted and harassed them. The allegations, all of which Trump has denied, range from groping to unwanted kissing, among other accusations.
Intel Launches 'Gemini Lake' Pentium Silver and Celeron CPUs
This new Pentium Silver and Celeron chips, in comparison, will focus on delivering "connectivity at unbelievable value". A few months ago Intel introduced Pentium Gold, which was based on the company's last generation Kaby Lake offerings.
- Johnson meets Rouhani to lobby for jailed aid worker
- The Analysts Set First Potomac Realty Trust (FPO) Target Price at $10.17
- L'armée US devra accepter les recrues transgenres à compter du 1er janvier
- Man Flu Might Be Real After All, Claims Academic
- Boris Johnson leaves Iran without agreement on jailed Briton
- Trump Jr. denies knowingly receiving 'decryption key' for Wikileaks-hacked DNC documents
- Facebook Removes Ticker News Feed For Monitoring Friends' Activity
- Princes William and Harry name the artist behind Princess Diana's memorial statue
- Watford striker Gray: Silva and Burnley boss Dyche very similar
- Alleged Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 rear panel reveals iPhone X like design