We also believe that the upcoming Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ are going to sport this security solution.
Synaptics welcomes press and analysts to join us for a live demonstration of in-display fingerprint on a full-production, soon to be announced Tier 1 customer phone.
With the size of battery cells somewhat stagnant, the only solutions to better battery life experiences for consumers are to make the phones sip battery power more conservatively, and to make the handset's quicker to charge when they do run low.
Even though several demos have been flying around web, Synaptics says the new in-display fingerprint scanner is already in mass production.
De Bruyne: Man City can't get complacent
United will look to bounce back from their first home defeat in 41 matches when they host Bournemouth. You can't expect something so unpredictable as to score two in set-pieces but we were strong".
Once again, there's a new report stating that the Galaxy S9 may feature an in-display fingerprint scanner. Now only Galaxy S8 and Galaxy Note 8 are the only Samsung devices that incorporate the iris scanner. With the new scanner, it'll be easier to recognize users' irises even when putting on glasses, when eyeballs are moving, or when in dark/bright environments.
"Synaptics' Clear ID fingerprint sensors are faster, more convenient, and more secure than alternative biometrics, and this optical technology represents a major innovation shift and opportunity for the smartphone market", Barber added. Designed for smartphones with infinity displays, Synaptics' Clear ID in-display fingerprint sensors magically activate in the display only when needed. In addition, Synaptics claimed that its Clear ID sensors are made to perform twice as fast as 3D facial recognition.
By In-Display we mean that the fingerprint scanner is embedded inside the display glass and allows the user to scan their fingerprint by placing it on a particular section of the screen.
Synaptics also downplayed Apple's Face ID technology, which the Cupertino giant introduced with the iPhone X, when it stated, "Clear ID is faster than alternative biometrics such as 3D facial, highly-secure with SentryPoint technology, and very convenient with one-touch/one-step biometric authentication directly in the touchscreen display area of smartphones".
However, the placement of the fingerprint scanner is on the rear side of the device, usually coming across as counter-intuitive to some users.
- Analyze the Analyst's Considerable Ratings:- Hecla Mining Company (HL)
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) -Popular Mover to Observe
- EU members move closer to new defense union
- Turnbull says Australia will 'stand up' to Chinese meddling in national policy
- Champion Horn 'a dirty' fighter, Corcoran taunts
- Facebook Removes Ticker News Feed For Monitoring Friends' Activity
- Daniel Sturridge January Exit Amid Latest Rumours
- Watford striker Gray: Silva and Burnley boss Dyche very similar
- Occidental Petroleum Corp (NYSE:OXY) Institutional Investors Sentiment Unchanged in 2017 Q2
- The Rock Is Having Another Baby!!! See The Adorable Announcement!