Perhaps removing the ticker is Facebook's way of responding to the criticism, or it may just be because the feature wasn't getting used enough.
It was a controversial launch as people called it "creeper feed" because of how it quietly keep tabs on people on one's network.
That's because it allowed you to monitor every single thing your friends did on Facebook, and stalk them easily.
A member of Facebook's help team confirmed the feature is "no longer available" when asked by a user how to get it back.
Heath Evans, two others suspended by NFL Network after sexual-harassment allegations
Cantor was sacked in October 2016, and replaced by a woman 21 years younger, she alleges in a lawsuit against the network. Bill Simmons could not be reached for comment by Bloomberg regarding Weinberger's role in his company.
The Ticker feed used to live in the top-right corner of the screen on the desktop site.
Its disappearance marks a huge shift for Facebook, which introduced it at the same time it launched the algorithmic News Feed, which prioritises the updates, pages and ads Facebook thinks you'll be most interested in.
Here's hoping the news feed's security increases along with its popularity. However, unless you were looking for it, Facebook's official statement could be easily missed. Until now, there hasn't been an easy way to see and chat with your friends about photos, articles, and other things they're posting in real-time. One of the site's new features, which is rolling out to users in Britain, Thailand, Australia, Canada, Columbia, and France, appears to be an attempt at refreshing the old "Poke" function, which few people seem to use these days.
It could also be a case of "out with the old and in with the new" for Facebook. The Ticker supplemented this more selective News Feed with a no-holds-barred stream of activity, from everyone and of everything you're "friends" with.
- Boris Johnson leaves Iran without agreement on jailed Briton
- De Bruyne: Man City can't get complacent
- USA regulator halts restaurant app's initial coin offering
- The Rock Is Having Another Baby!!! See The Adorable Announcement!
- Occidental Petroleum Corp (NYSE:OXY) Institutional Investors Sentiment Unchanged in 2017 Q2
- Theresa May: Optimism growing around Brexit after deal
- The Analysts Set First Potomac Realty Trust (FPO) Target Price at $10.17
- Princes William and Harry name the artist behind Princess Diana's memorial statue
- 4-year-old reads 100 books; parents stream it live
- New England Patriots 20-27 Miami Dolphins: Tom Brady has off night